XChallenge / XCountry Axle Puller

nicholsonj2252

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So rocky burns has been making some axle pullers and has made some custom one's based on the sizings I provided for the XC front axle

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/526471-Ktm-Husqvarna-axel-pullers

Axle puller is very well made and was a breeze to fit

Popped the Axle puller in the freezer for a few hours to shrink it

Removed the front axle from the bike as normal

Cleaned out the inside bore with a bit Scotchbrite to remove any corrosion

Heated the end of the axle up to about 100 degrees C

Inserted the axle puller stub unto the bore of the axle and tapped home with a mallet

Let it all cool down and axle puller is a firm fit with no movement at all

Re fitted the axle to bike

So now no more looking for a screwdriver to put in the cross drilled hole to remove the axle ;-)

Looks great .... I'll have one when available please :thumby:

:beerjug:

Axle puller fitted to the XChallenge and whilst I was there fitted an aluminium KTM Axle Nut

Swapped the axle nuts on mine as well John, just nipped them up tight, didn't want to over do it !!! Did you torque yours ? If so how much ? Cheers Steve.

Mine arrived yesterday. I went under the cover and pushed it straight in. Perfect, no need to take the axle out, or even undo the pinch bolts. It just slid straight in. I shall get a picture in a bit. :thumby:

Mine arrived yesterday. I went under the cover and pushed it straight in. Perfect, no need to take the axle out, or even undo the pinch bolts. It just slid straight in. I shall get a picture in a bit. :thumby:

Simon - sounds like that is far too loose a fit , it needs to be a interference fit....

Back
Top Bottom