XChallenge / XCountry Axle Puller

Yes, it pulls out without too much effort. Should I put a bolt through the hole in the axle? there is no hole in the stub of the puller.

Try putting a bit Loctite on the stub of the puller and that should give it enough of a hold on the axle hopefully....

Hi Simon.
Seems there has been a small issue with a couple of these xchallenge pullers. I had the measurements from someone on here to make these up.
John had 3 off me and one was loose, so I sent him another one out and made it a touch bigger.
The end you have is too loose and shouldn't push straight in.
The tolerance on these is so minimal whether it be from me or the factory axel bore.
Resend me your address and I'll pop another one in the post for you
Cheers :thumb

I think the bore from the factory must vary as it doesn’t look like a machined bore but more a raw tube inner finish , hence why some fit and others don’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the bore from the factory must vary as it doesn’t look like a machined bore but more a raw tube inner finish , hence why some fit and others don’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes possibly.

One thing you could try first,

Put the puller on a block of wood outer face down. Give the inner edge a small sharp blow with a lump hammer, make sure you hit it flush and not to one side. It's only alloy so it should expand out at the sides.
Worth a try :thumb

How hard do you have to hit this thing? I only have a ball hammer, with a ball one end and flat end the other. It is about 8oz I think, might be 6oz. Could I squash it in a vice? Would that work?

How hard do you have to hit this thing? I only have a ball hammer, with a ball one end and flat end the other. It is about 8oz I think, might be 6oz. Could I squash it in a vice? Would that work?

I've made a slightly bigger one now for you. don't worry and I'll get it post. been held up a bit last few days and not been able to get to the post office :thumb

Got mine fitted, thanks to the superb efforts from on here guiding me.

Looks smart and will help when I come to get new tyre fitted soon. I will get some pictures when this rain stops. It is pelting down outside. :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom