DCT Fault

longjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I purchased a new 2020 africa twin DCT yesterday and it broke down after just 2 miles, I had the front brake fail and then become rock hard, the abs light came on, the engine management light come on, the traction control light then came on and then the gearbox became stuck in 2nd gear.

Worst part was I px a perfectly good 2018 dct for it with no miles on.

Anyone else ever had a problem with their DCT?

No, just back in from 120 miles of very wet riding in the Dales and now at 15800 and never an issue at all.

At least with 2 miles on the clock, you've ridden it further than the old one with no miles on :beerjug:

I purchased a new 2020 africa twin DCT yesterday and it broke down after just 2 miles, I had the front brake fail and then become rock hard, the abs light came on, the engine management light come on, the traction control light then came on and then the gearbox became stuck in 2nd gear.

Worst part was I px a perfectly good 2018 dct for it with no miles on.

Anyone else ever had a problem with their DCT?

Take it back, get your old bike back, get your money back, don't look back, and ride

I'm sure Honda will sort for you, they are normally so reliable compared to BMW :)

No, just back in from 120 miles of very wet riding in the Dales and now at 15800 and never an issue at all.

At least with 2 miles on the clock, you've ridden it further than the old one with no miles on :beerjug:

Haha that's right, sorry low miles.

I have rejected bike so hopefully will get the old one back tomorrow.

There have been a very small number of reports on the Crosstourer forum from members who’s bikes get stuck in second and apparently there is a very simple reset procedure and then all is well, never to be seen again.

Unfortunately I can't take a chance, I go away next week to Portugal and don't want any mishaps. My window is getting shorter to get a bike set up run in and serviced whilst also trying to work.

Bike was delivered back to me today and I have put 200 miles on it so all good now, none the wiser what was wrong honda have said abs sensor.

Bike was delivered back to me today and I have put 200 miles on it so all good now, none the wiser what was wrong honda have said abs sensor.

So you didn’t reject it then?

Back
Top Bottom