How much

tony

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello chaps.how much do you think a 2004 GS 1200 is worth.35000 miles on the clock.vgc. thanks

I have a 2005 GS with currently,47k on it. So I will watch this bread with interest.
I came to the conclusion recently that if a bike such as this runs well, shines after a wash and has negligible/no corrosion then its value has probably not far to go before it flatlines wrt value.

I would imagine somewhere in the £3-3.5k depending on condition

I'll give you some real world figures

Private £3k - 3.5K assuming you can get a buyer

The bay £3K -6K i kid you not, but it's mileage & condition dependant & numpty / shill / tyre kickers to deal with

Main dealer - forget it not interested

Indy dealer - not explored

We buy / We want, etc 2K-3K again depending on condition & onsite review ( I believe its 10yrs & 40K mile limit)

Now i'm going to be quite open here, so dont take offence

It all depends on

How much you want?

How much you actually want ?

How long are you prepared to sit on a depreciating asset

How much hassle you want.

How much you will take when funds are dropped in you lap

( bearing in mind farkles / oil changes with pure virgin mineral oil sourced from responsible oil fields) washed every day, warm garages etc, mean jack shit to most

indy traders. All they want is, is it in good / fair condition, does it run, do the bars turn L/R smoothly, do the instruments work, any warning lights on the dash,

and an up to date service history, any accompanying paperwork / panniers would be helpfull

And how long will you wear the rose tinted glasses for ?

I didn't explain properly. I know someone that is thinking of selling his bike.he has asked me to make an offer for it.

Avec or sans ABS? These early ones were a nuisance, typically breaking at about 35k......... oops!
As a 16 YO bike my view is £2.5k is right if its all ok , less than 2 if its a dog.

Edit: just seen your latest: so offer him 1500 and see where it goes.

Back
Top Bottom