Pirelli Angel GT?

Stu23

Reaction score
Hi all... know you all love a tyre thread, so I'll try to keep this specific! :augie

I bought my 07 GS last August which came fitted with unworn Anakee 2 s on 2013 date codes. To be honest they've been absolutely fine, and they're only just starting to lose rear profile, but it's time they went. I will not be riding off road and only have previous experience with Sports Touring tyres in 17" sizes.

I was digging for some half decent GS sized road tyres at a decent price, and came across a pair of Pirelli Angel GTs at BikespeedUK for £187.50 delivered. Have ordered them... I've seen my mate riding his KTM 1290 GT on them, and I will not be troubling their capability! :eek:

Interestingly though, I haven't found 1 comment on these tyres on a GS, even though they are a recommended fitment by Pirelli. Anyone tried them? :nenau

Happy to read your other recommendations... but they're already ordered!

Road Test report once they're fitted and the sun comes out!

i have these on a Guzzi 1200 Sport , i won't be having them again , wear quite quickly , then feels like it's on marbles. they won't make 8k miles , bt023 next . on my 1150 i run.....tourances ( old style ) great in everything except snow , and wet grass.
ps can i have a go on your duke ?

Thanks for the replies, Gents. I've used BT023's on my last few bikes and love them, but figured it was time to move on... Said mate with KTM was an 023 fan too, but says GTs are better... of course it's all a matter of personal opinion. I can't imagine I'll be pushing them hard enough to notice any real differences, but we'll see.

Would love to let you have a go on the Duke, but I sold it 5 years ago.

Long story... bought it new in 1982 in South Africa... adored it... crashed it... fixed it badly and swapped it for a Bimota chassis in 1985... it changed hands twice... then came back the same way. Owner 2/4 took it to Germany in 95. I moved back to UK in 2000. Imported it from him in Germany in 2004, totally rebuilt it, entered and won Classic Bike mag's Classic Bike of the Year in Feb 2009. Kept it for several years but had to admit I was getting too old and stiff for it and passed it on. No regrets, but I enjoyed it while it was around.

Sorry for big pics... little one taken in 84, the day I crashed it showing off for camera!

Attachments

• MHR2.jpg
    MHR2.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 302
  • MHR lean.jpg
    MHR lean.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 305
  • MHR.jpg
    MHR.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCF1635.jpg
    DSCF1635.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 315
GT 2 's might be a better bet. the original ones I had on lasted 3'500 miles on a Superduke which i thought was quite good.

I've had a few sets on my K1300S and I like them very much. I did fit the type A version which has a stiffer sidewall.

I liked them because they retained their profile right up until they were worn out. I might try them on my R1250GS. I have a pair of part worn Roadtec 1 tyres to try first.

Thanks, guys. They're on the way now, so they are what they are... I'm sure if they're black and round I'll probably be happy...

Used to ride that Ducati a lot harder than I do now... on Avon Roadrunners!

I had them on my R1200RT and have now got them on my twin cam GS.
Brilliant through this winter on wet grimy roads.
Fabulous in sunny Spain last year.
Only negative is that I have found they go from looking ok to cords showing very quickly.
I am aware of this now after being caught out once on my RT.
They were top of the Motorrad magazine touring test in 2018, several years after their release.
I paid £200, fitted and balanced locally, for my last pair.
Will be fitting them again or Pirelli ST2.
Hope this helps.
https://www.motorradonline.de/zubeh...zr-17-naessetest-verschleiss-und-landstrasse/

Thanks, Casper... that's really good news... please somebody likes them! Looking forward to getting them on now.

"Looking ok to cords showing" seems to be a Pirelli/Metzeler thing... had it happen to me a couple of times and catch me out on a trip. Replaced a set of Metzeler M5s on an Aprilia Shiver while in North Wales while on holiday once as they wouldn't have got home... and getting back from Scotland on Rosso 2s on a Street Triple with cords showing. Both had been fine when we left. Scary... and worth remembering... thanks!

£200 fitted sounds cheap... most mail order deals are more than that.

Just about to change a pair of Michelin Road 5s which have lasted over 13K miles.

Ive had them on my Blackbird for many years now and love them! grippy and don't get as flat after many miles as Michelin in my opinion. Confident even in torrential rain! Im thinking of getting them for my GS after the Road4s ware out, that said he Road4s are very inspiring on UK roads! and most of my time in the blackbird was in warmer weather.

Back
Top Bottom