Mobile phone charging.

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I realise I'm holding myself up to ridicule here but.....

It's a long time since I did any camping but hope to start doing so again on a more regular basis.
I've bought the Fancy-Dan new tent, I've bought the Fancy-Pants 2nd hand air bed and I've bought the Fancy-Fanny new chair but how on earth do I ensure my mobile phone remains charged all week? I realise it's a 1st world problem and that I'm showing my age but am also pretty sure some of you modern young bucks will have the know how.

Thank you in advance.:thumb

Take a spare battery with you ?:nenau

Attachments

• BAE6593E-F37D-48C4-B464-AFB04C3380A0.jpg
    BAE6593E-F37D-48C4-B464-AFB04C3380A0.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 836
Buy a cheapo motorcycle battery if space isn't too much of an issue (A YTX-9 or equivalent should be compact enough). Run an Optimate cable off it with the Optimate usb adaptor... Jobs a goodin!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Get a decent powerbank. Try Amazon lots to choose from..

Power bank is the answer. Previously I would have said rig a charge point on the bike but the self contained power packs are now so affordable it's defo the easiest option; charge it up before you leave home and just use it overnight.

Power bank , if you don’t want to spend loads due to it being a one off, Aldi had some in a few weeks ago. Will,easily hold a weeks charge for phone use, and you can top the power bank up from a cafe socket !

I realise I'm holding myself up to ridicule here but.....

It's a long time since I did any camping but hope to start doing so again on a more regular basis.
I've bought the Fancy-Dan new tent, I've bought the Fancy-Pants 2nd hand air bed and I've bought the Fancy-Fanny new chair but how on earth do I ensure my mobile phone remains charged all week? I realise it's a 1st world problem and that I'm showing my age but am also pretty sure some of you modern young bucks will have the know how.

Thank you in advance.:thumb

Sounds like your very keen to buy something else instead of charging from your bike.

Lots of really good options on here. I think I shall investigate the Powerbank thang.
Thank you Comrades.

And when you go to a cafe or pub, remember to take your plug and lead and use their electric...presuming you aren't in the wild for the full week...

Wind up charger ... £5 or less :okay

How good are they then? Or is it a wind up..? :D

Good high capacity powerbanks are cheap these days so would go with that. On trips have charged the phone from the bike and then stuck the powerbank on to charge also.

I charge mine on the bike when I’m riding, top up in pubs cafes etc if needed.

I have a double USB charger fitted just under the dash board. I use this to charge my mobile in the tank bag.
I am also going to fit one in the top-box, to charge the helmet intercoms whilst they are locked away whilst parked up.
A simple positive and negative connection to the battery with an in line fuse.

We use a couple of very small cheapo power banks that we recharge as we ride via an always on Optimate lead and dual outlet adapter. A half day is enough to top them up. These power banks are then used to keep phones topped up in the evening and overnight, and even though they are small (2000Mah) will do a phone twice if we don’t go out. Helmet intercoms are plugged into the Optimate lead as soon as we stop at the campsite. They take about 90mins to recharge.

I have a canyon 16,000 mh power pack charges on the bike whilst travelling and use in the evening to charge phone and headset.it has dual USB output so you can charge 2 things at once. I just connect it to a usb socket plugged into the din socket on the bike. Or if you only need to charge the phone plug it in whilst travelling on the bike. It'll get enough to last all night if you have a good phone.

Back
Top Bottom