Gone and done it

The tail tidy is not a farkle it is essential

Essential that you get a very dirty back of jacket when it rains as form over function rules on Italian bikes

I try very hard not to add weight these days and i know its only a few ounces here and there but it all adds up and i prefer my bikes not looking like a tinkers donkey

The tail tidy will save weight, as will the exhaust. The only other bits I’m getting is rad guards/ engine guard (that evotech one that protects the front of the bike), and some crash bungs. I’ll probably change the levers for Gilles ones at some point, but that’ll be about it.

If I do get anything else, I’d have to unbolt it every time I see Keith, so for a quiet life, I’d better stop buying stuff! :D

The tail tidy will save weight, as will the exhaust. The only other bits I’m getting is rad guards/ engine guard (that evotech one that protects the front of the bike), and some crash bungs. I’ll probably change the levers for Gilles ones at some point, but that’ll be about it.

If I do get anything else, I’d have to unbolt it every time I see Keith, so for a quiet life, I’d better stop buying stuff! :D

How rude.....:kissy2:kissy2

Assume they've sorted the fuelling out by now. My old 2010 1200S was pretty poor. Was a mega bike though, even back then.

The day they stick the V4 in a multi (and they must, surely) I'll definitely be tempted back.

Enjoy it... Lovely looking machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assume they've sorted the fuelling out by now. My old 2010 1200S was pretty poor. Was a mega bike though, even back then.

The day they stick the V4 in a multi (and they must, surely) I'll definitely be tempted back.

Enjoy it... Lovely looking machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things may have changed in ten years!

No fuelling issues on the ones I’ve ridden. Geoff is on speed dial, just in case. :D

No fuelling issues on the ones I’ve ridden. Geoff is on speed dial, just in case. :D

I'd be calling for an appointment anyway. But let's not ruin your thread with mumbo jumbo

Be interested in how you get on. We seem to have a similar taste in bikes.

That said, the 1290S is unlikely to move from the garage as it's the best touring bike I've ever had. Best rider comfort, pillion comfort and has the perfect brain/thrill/chill potentiometer. Only criticism is the un-Brembo like brakes but they work.

The fuelling is sublime on mine at any rate

A few seem to buy a little plastic thing to fit in the throttle to take up some slack but i her not felt the need

I have a trip to geoff in the back of my mind but as of yet that thought stays way back

Have you seen the price !

The Pikes peak has a termi homologated system which i assume to mean it has a smaller cat then the standard pipe

Interestingly and through experiment my 1290 SDGT with just an Akro can was as quick in every roll on test we did side by side with my mates SDR with the full Akro system his sounded better though

Oh and he has just had to take it off as his insurance renewal went up by 700 quid because of it and no one else would even touch it he took it off and insured the bike for £140

Yeah I know I’ve bought a couple laughably .
It does come with the rear foot peg and the Ducati upmap.

I can understand not doing straight off , but the weight loss is significant and the sound is amazing.
Imho it transforms the bike

out of interest why did you go 950 rather than 1260 ?

I know there is shit load of cash difference but that wouldnt have been your reason

Eh ? I merely posted a pic of the new 2021 950S.

No plans to buy any Ducati soon....But if I had to choose , I reckon I’d take the 950 over the 1260,not that I’ve ridden either....

Eh ? I merely posted a pic of the new 2021 950S.

No plans to buy any Ducati soon....But if I had to choose , I reckon I’d take the 950 over the 1260,not that I’ve ridden either....

Your post with the title gone and done it led me to believe you had bought one

my mistake

The 950 will always be the poor mans multi because of all the bling bits like single sided swing arm etc but it is way cheaper and very good regardless

Same engine as the Hyper but obvioulsly a great deal fatter

my mistake

The 950 will always be the poor mans multi because of all the bling bits like single sided swing arm etc but it is way cheaper and very good regardless

It’s Nutty’s thread.....

my mistake

I liked the 950 when I rode it, but needed to work the gears more. I'm lazy, preferred the monstrous torque of the 1260, so ordered that instead.

If I was on a limited budget, the 950 would still be a cracking bike.

I rode both and could have got either 1260 or 950 I chose the 950S because it’s a good ride and in my mind the 1260 wasn’t/isn’t £4K better.

2021 model in Arsey’s pic looks great :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom