Gone and done it

Nutty

Reaction score
After wanting a Ducati for a few years, I’ve finally bitten the bullet and ordered this. Although the weight isn’t that much less than my KTM, it’s much lower down, so a lot more manageable, and easier to push around etc.

I looked at the 950S, had a test ride on that and a couple of variants of the 1260, and couldn’t notice any difference, once riding, as these lose their weight as soon as you set off. Plus I’d miss the torque, as I noticed the 950 needed to be worked through the gears more. It’s probably the more sensible option, but life’s too short to be sensible, it might be my last bike.

Managed to get a decent (ish :eek:) deal on this, as the world is about to end, and we’re only here once.

It may never arrive, as we’re waiting for it to come from Italy, but I thought I’d do my bit to support their economy, while I can. :D

I’m in hospital for a couple of operations at the end of the month anyway, so no drama if it takes a bit longer to arrive.

Attachments

• 70A3BD0E-9A46-4257-935A-28F74E75CA1C.jpeg
    70A3BD0E-9A46-4257-935A-28F74E75CA1C.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 925
Nice one nutty, new bike will now need a new name! I’d be wiping it down with anti bacterial wipes when it arrives. My friend has a very similar one ,picked up last weekend, loves it so far. Enjoy

Absolutely beautiful and best of luck with it.

There aren’t many new bikes that I could actually see me parting with my hard earned to buy, but....

I have to admit I’m rather smitten with the 1260S Grand Tour, and keep thinking should I?

Hope you’ll be very happy together.

"It might be my last bike..." Yeah right!!!!
Lovely bike Nutty. I agree with you about the 950. Go large or fuck off home thats what I say. All the best with the operations.

The Nutty Narcissist?
Nice ring to it ? :)

After wanting a Ducati for a few years, I’ve finally bitten the bullet and ordered this. Although the weight isn’t that much less than my KTM, it’s much lower down, so a lot more manageable, and easier to push around etc.

Looks very nice but it’s not ‘less weight’ than your 1290, it’s identical at 215kgs.

64683f5c9a0a2cd767bd096cdb5d152c.jpg

d0233ebba01898d3b1533621f7e06852.jpg

I looked at the 950S, had a test ride on that and a couple of variants of the 1260, and couldn’t notice any difference, once riding, as these lose their weight as soon as you set off. Plus I’d miss the torque, as I noticed the 950 needed to be worked through the gears more. It’s probably the more sensible option, but life’s too short to be sensible, it might be my last bike.

But I thought your issue was getting bike in and out of garage etc.Most bikes ‘lose’ their weight on the go,even my 300+kgs RKS.

Is the weight really carried noticeably lower down ? Surely if you’re back is that bad that you’re struggling to move your KTM around then this will be little different ?

Hope the ops help,assuming they’re back-related.

The Nutty Narcissist?

Looks very nice but it’s not ‘less weight’ than your 1290, it’s identical at 215kgs.

But I thought your issue was getting bike in and out of garage etc.Most bikes ‘lose’ their weight on the go,even my 300+kgs RKS.

Is the weight really carried noticeably lower down ? Surely if you’re back is that bad that you’re struggling to move your KTM around then this will be little different ?

Coming from the biggest narcissist on the forum. Go and look up what the word means, and that’s you down to a T.

Where did I ever say I was “struggling” with the KTM. I said a lighter bike would make more sense for me. The c of g is lower on the multi, making it more manageable. Go and ride one and you’ll see.

I’m not interested in a debate.

Mama Mia!

Looks nice that Rich, enjoy it :thumb

The Nutty Narcissist?

64683f5c9a0a2cd767bd096cdb5d152c.jpg

d0233ebba01898d3b1533621f7e06852.jpg

That will be with Paniers on the GT
Mine weighs 206 dry

Good choice Nutster there is something quite special about riding a Ducati

Coming from the biggest narcissist on the forum. Go and look up what the word means, and that’s you down to a T.

Where did I ever say I was “struggling” with the KTM. I said a lighter bike would make more sense for me. The c of g is lower on the multi, making it more manageable. Go and ride one and you’ll see.

I’m not interested in a debate.

Ha ha . Hook line and sinker , grumpy bollox.

And I first rode a multi before you’d even passed your test .

Enjoy the bike when you get it .

Last bike Nutty :yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm A little exotica in your life will always make you smile. :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom