Pannier key recoding question

GSite

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,
Regarding the standard Honda panniers on my CRF1000L of 2017.
Want to move these to another Africa twin, a 2018 model, both bikes the standard not adventure sport. My question is whether the locks can be recoded to the take the key on another Africa Twin. Most stealers have said they don't do this often and are not sure, but to bring in the panniers and both keys to see what they can do. One dealer says that once the locks are dropped in the first time, they cannot be removed easily without drilling them out.

Suppose I could always just get spare non immobiliser keys cut as a simple solution, but would prefer the one key set up for the bike.

Your collective experiences would be useful, many thanks

Hi, I’ve done this, it is fiddly (read very!). I brought a set with the locks removed, badly I may add, I brought new barrels and one other part and then fitted the new locks and rekeyed them.
They came of a 2017 bike and fit my 2018 ATAS. You need to take the rubber of the rear foot peg too.
You are not far from me, I would be happy to see if I could help if you have a go yourself, although it would need to work around my work as it’s a busy time of year. ��

Yes they can if you have all the tumblers, if not it buy a set of barrels.

Thanks guys, will have a go at some point, if I struggle I will get in touch Redsproket, thanks for your offer, appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom