Anyone upgrading their NAS storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andysdad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My ancient NAS drive is nearly full - anyone upgrading theirs? Looking for 1TB minimum, preferably 2 drives configurable in a RAID mirror stylee.

Please PM me.

Cheers,

A

My ancient NAS drive is nearly full - anyone upgrading theirs? Looking for 1TB minimum, preferably 2 drives configurable in a RAID mirror stylee.

Please PM me.

Cheers,

A

Synonology 2 bay units are pretty cheap at the mo

What is it for ?

Music ? = I'm told Qnap are better - 1 bay or 2 bay many TB's are no problem
It has a dashboard QFinder pro to manage the device - shares, Drives, partitions etc
Works with Minim Watch music file sorter outer ?????

Photographs or general storage doesnt really matter I think, PC world would be good

Sorry both - thought I'd replied!

Probably going to go Synology with 2 x 4TB Ironwolf disks. Expensive (c.£350) but I've had 12 years out of the previous drive (Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo).

OR I might put 2 x 2TB (max possible) drives in the old NAS - £130. I don't stream or anything like that.

Anyway it'll give me something to think about for 14 days lockdown....will delivery drivers be exempt?

A

Yes I purchased a Synology two drive system just before Christmas, the software is very friendly to use and you can run up cameras off them but must pay a license fee for more than two cameras.
I did see a post elsewhere about software that allows a user to run the Synology software on a home built multi drive system.

Have one of these if of interest ?

I’ve got one of these - which you can have if you cover the postage ?

I’ve upgraded several times, used this and it was very reliable, hasn’t been used for a while, I just put it back in the original box.

Think I may have another nas somewhere else, if only I could remember where.

Attachments

• 128534E6-157C-4A0E-BA40-0BDA3D8D97CD.jpg
    128534E6-157C-4A0E-BA40-0BDA3D8D97CD.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 156
Speak to Jon at Bramley Computers. I think he's selling a Synology one for a reasonable price.

Walowiz - thanks for the offer but your unit is PC only and I have mixed PC & Mac. It's also as old as the unit I'm replacing!

Tuftywhite - he's got a monster DS418 20TB unit for £849 - probably too rich for me! I've emailed him anyway as it might be another unit.

Many thanks for the help everyone.

A

Get a 4 bay unit, then you can put your current drive pair in 2 bays, and add storage in the other 2 bays.

Thanks again, all.

Tuftywhite - Jon only has the 418.

Still looking/thinking/waiting but distracted by the C19 boll*cks!

A

I’ve got a 4 bay Synology 415play surplus to requirements, think it’s got 4 x 1tb wd discs. I’ll check the discs.

Pm me if interested

All sorted courtesy of Berin.

Thank you to everyone who gave advice.

Just need to learn how to drive the ruddy thing when it arrives - at least I have plenty of time!

A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom