Cancellation of the Mournes Invasion

Spear Ruler

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm sure it will not come as a total surprise but we are cancelling the Mournes weekend given the Coronavirus (COVID 19) situation in Ireland.

The Minister for Health has asked the pubs and hotel bars to close and I don't think it is sensible for us to continue.

I spoke to the Carrickdale yesterday and they confirmed that there is no issue for anyone cancelling their room, however I have to officially cancel the weekend with the Hotel tomorrow as that is when the Functions Manager is available.

Hope you and your families all stay well and get through this safely.

Best wishes

Geraldine, Brian and Jochen

Real shame.
But under the present circumstances, a wise move..

" Hope you and your families all stay well and get through this safely. " absolutely

xxx

It's the right decision, we're disappointed not to be catching up with all you nutters;)

Hopefully we'll see you all in the not too distant future:thumb

Do we need to contact the hotel Geraldine or can we take it our reservations are cancelled? :)

I was lookin forward to a good days riding and company.......but absolutely the safe and correct decision.

Be well everyone.

from my G8 ThinQ

It's the right decision, we're disappointed not to be catching up with all you nutters;)

Hopefully we'll see you all in the not too distant future:thumb

Do we need to contact the hotel Geraldine or can we take it our reservations are cancelled? :)

I have same question ref hotel reservation - will wait for one answer ..............

... sniff ...................

Thanks for biting this bullet, Geraldine, Brian and JR, a shame but no option. Hope we are all keeping safe, it is a very serious situation.

Cancelling your booking

Myself Geraldine and Jochen went for a wee spin yesterday and called into the Carrickdale Hotel to discuss the Mournes weekend, did a wee bit of a recci and considered the implications of the Pandemic.

Geraldine spoke to the hotel in regard to cancelling the event, they were very understanding and not at all surprised but suggest that she contacts the Hotel on Monday 16th to confirm the cancellation (Booking Manager is available tomorrow).

So, if you booked the room yourself I would suggest that you cancel it yourself.

Hope yous are all well and stay well

Brian :thumb

Ah shite... was really looking forward to it...

But unavoidable.

Hopefully it'll end up being rescheduled rather than cancelled...

Keep safe all...

Terrible shame but understandable.

Hopefully it can be rescheduled and I can make the next one.

All rooms in hotel are cancelled

Hi everyone

I have spoken to the Hotel and the event is cancelled and the hotel has cancelled all the rooms associated with our booking. If you were intending togo to the hotel for the weekend anyway you will need to re-book.

When we have a better handle on the situation with Coronavirus we can consider if it can be rescheduled.

Geraldine

Will anyone be arranging a post apocalyptic armageddon survivors camping weekend?

Back
Top Bottom