BETA THAN A KTM?

Trekker3

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fancied a change having had 3 KTM 350’s in a row, picked up this Beta 390 RR Racing, 1st time out on it yesterday and it certainly is bright. The engine is Beta’s own and is a long stroke with a 350 bore, this means is is slightly slower revving but has much more torque. I’m running in so no high revs but the power is amazing. The problem with the KTM 350 is that the engine won’t lug, it loves to flame out at low revs so has become a race motor rather than a trail bike, it will do it, just that you have to keep the motor buzzing.
KTM are likely to discount there 2020’s as the dealers cant shift them and still have stocks of 2019 bikes, the 2021’s are due out in a few months so something is going to have to happen.

Attachments

• 34B0FDA3-3DC3-4DFC-B8C5-A22A56C22DCD.jpg
    34B0FDA3-3DC3-4DFC-B8C5-A22A56C22DCD.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 323
I have the Husky 350, same engine as KTM but it feels very different to the 350 I rode at Ady Smiths, smoother coming onto the throttle (even in the more aggressive map) and I find it lugs quite well, also comes with the Traction Control, Launch Control and switchable maps which I think are extra on the KTM...

...And a mate just got a 2020 Husky with decent discount, last year I saw some with £2k off list.

Factories closing due to corona virus may help solve the over-stock problem so buying soon might be a good time, especially as dealers get quieter and desperate for some cash flow.

Back
Top Bottom