RS vs SX

I hear you about the slightly salty price of the new 1250RS but 17k sounds like a lot.
I bought a STD Black 1250RS new and added DESA, Ride Modes Pro and heated grips as a la carte options, which is about the same spec as a new Ninja SX I think and it came in at £13,500.
More than the Kawasaki granted but not an massive amount.
The problem with the BMW options packages is you end up spending money on things you don’t always want or need, which soon add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to update this the RT sold in a couple of hours on eblag.
So plenty of options I've looked at but I think the best solution is to go for the new 2019 sx 1000 in blue I've found a what I think is a pretty good deal on a pcp rather than tie all the cash is for storm cloud blue sports kit and tourer kit £1000 in and £124pm over 4 years the new one is £175pm and the BMW same spec £220pm and let's face it in the real world all those extra gadgets make me a road god I don't think so.
Paid a £250 deposit but not sure what the world will look like in May 2020 so will see if any amazing deals appear between now and then where its worth losing the £250.

Strangely watching ebay some RS1250 coming on where the usual losing my job story comes on with I just need enough to clear the BMW finance

So there it is will update when I get it

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Hawarden to Chester, you could freewheel that back jf you liked it. Good hunting Steve ( living in Hawarden)
It was minty clean but 2 things stood out no warranty and no moving on price it was still on ebay this week so....

Tell me to feck off and mind my own business but....
I reckon you'll be able to screw a dealer down to £9k for a new bike within a week or three. Put £1k in and borrowing £8k from a bank at 2.9% comes in at £175 pcm. After 4 yrs the bike is yours, no need to hand it back, no need to watch the mileage. No worry if you scratch a fairing etc.
Just a thought

Tell me to feck off and mind my own business but....
I reckon you'll be able to screw a dealer down to £9k for a new bike within a week or three. Put £1k in and borrowing £8k from a bank at 2.9% comes in at £175 pcm. After 4 yrs the bike is yours, no need to hand it back, no need to watch the mileage. No worry if you scratch a fairing etc.
Just a thought
Thanks yes looked at that option and as I've 5 bikes all paid for like that i like to keep my options open with my road bike so if the bike isn't worth x in 4 years or I go way over the mileage it just gives me options, I agree it will cost more in the long run but with a Gfv option it just works for me on a new bike. The base bike is £9300 and the tourer kit panniers, screen, nav mount and sports kit (akros) and 4 year warranty all works out at £10,100 Gfv is £5500 so I will be paying 7k over 4 years with option to buy at Gfv or hand back only extra farkles needed are risers, rad and crash protection so all in all my guess its so much cheaper than the RS. So yes the more expensive option just give me better choices in 4 years

Also if the world ends I can hand the bike back after paying half the deal

Think I made the right decision bike and ride reports still have this as a better buy
715b823978da641666ff5f3274dedbec.jpg

What sort of filter are you using on your lense to get that shade of Green looking so Blue??

from my G8 ThinQ

:) :) :) :)

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="12674898" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="2.092436974789916"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/splitter-lonely-loner-alone-monty-pythons-life-of-brian-gif-12674898">Splitter Lonely GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/splitter-gifs">Splitter GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Doesn't have to be 17k

I have just collected an R1250Rs for a little over 13k , being a Luddite helps , for once all the planet's aligned for me , the only colour I ever want is black , don't like gold forks/shocks , not keen on rider aids/ tech ....my new bike ticked all the boxes , the only options I ticked were center stand , heated grips , luggage rack and panniers...couldn't be more pleased

My Bad , on checking the invoice it was £12.700 ..... panniers were free of charge! promo in March

Think I made the right decision bike and ride reports still have this as a better buy

Personally I kind of like to buy a bike I like not what a Journalist does.

Your wife needs to shave her legs. :D

Personally I kind of like to buy a bike I like not what a Journalist does.
Read everything I could and Rode them both what else would you have done

Back
Top Bottom