Rear indicator brackets

Mort

Reaction score
I've just fitted some larger panniers and frames to my bike but now the R/H indicator is in the way of the pannier:blast
Does anyone know of some brackets available to relocate them further back? I have some mini indicators but they'll look crap!

I bought some 3mm thick aluminium strip to move the indicators further back. Just needs cutting and drilling.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

yep did similar with 1mm mild steel bar bent a bracket in the vice and bolted it to the rear rack

Attachments

• Inkedindicator bracket_LI.jpg
    Inkedindicator bracket_LI.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 186
Thanks chaps, being bone idle I was hoping for something off the shelf but it looks like I'll have to become a grown up :thumb

I think you can shorten the stems with a hacksaw.

My rear indicators fit the gap between the rear light and the panniers. I'll get a photo tomorrow if you like.

"Vern" on here used to sell ready made shorter stems to use with his World Beater panniers which worked well. Although not moving them rearwards, they were easy to fit

:beerjug:

I have the shortened stems on mine and they are very neat. However, your indicators CAN'T be seen from the side and slightly behind as they are obscured by the panniers. Not a good idea IMHO. It's particularly a problem on a 3 lane motorway where you are indicating to move into the middle lane when someone in the outside lane decides to pull into the middle lane, they can't see you're indicators when they are close to you. Several times I've already started to change lanes when someone in the outside lane has almost side swiped me. Collision only avoided as I've been mirror and shoulder checking all the while!

I think you can shorten the stems with a hacksaw.

My rear indicators fit the gap between the rear light and the panniers. I'll get a photo tomorrow if you like.

That would be great, thanks

"Vern" on here used to sell ready made shorter stems to use with his World Beater panniers which worked well. Although not moving them rearwards, they were easy to fit

:beerjug:

I'll get in touch too

I have the shortened stems on mine and they are very neat. However, your indicators CAN'T be seen from the side and slightly behind as they are obscured by the panniers. Not a good idea IMHO. It's particularly a problem on a 3 lane motorway where you are indicating to move into the middle lane when someone in the outside lane decides to pull into the middle lane, they can't see you're indicators when they are close to you. Several times I've already started to change lanes when someone in the outside lane has almost side swiped me. Collision only avoided as I've been mirror and shoulder checking all the while!

A fair point and duly noted :thumb2

Here ya go! :thumby:

Attachments

• P3180010.jpg
    P3180010.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 144
  • P3180011.jpg
    P3180011.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 134
  • P3180012.jpg
    P3180012.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 125

Feck me, it never occurred to me how dangerous that was! I spent 12 years riding around on death traps!

Thank goodness it’s no longer an issue on the new bike :blast

Back
Top Bottom