New Multi V4

Just found it the same as my 2010 s 1200 , did not like the way it handled when pushed , it was hard to find a constant line , unlike the Gs . Hope the V4 is better , and for 23k I hope so , but easy come easy go

Each to their own but from the 2 GS GSA XR KTM1290 and now the 1260Pikes Peak I know which one of these is actually the better bike in every respect with the possible exception of sheer speed with the XR ( I'll help you out the best bike does not have BMW or KTM on it )

AS for TPMS I also found it a PITA as despite having several calibrated pressure gauges none of them would match up to what the TPMS would have you believe and when I did get a rear puncture at high speed my sphincter reacted as quickly as the TPMS

Each to their own but from the 2 GS GSA XR KTM1290 and now the 1260Pikes Peak I know which one of these is actually the better bike in every respect with the possible exception of sheer speed with the XR ( I'll help you out the best bike does not have BMW or KTM on it )

AS for TPMS I also found it a PITA as despite having several calibrated pressure gauges none of them would match up to what the TPMS would have you believe and when I did get a rear puncture at high speed my sphincter reacted as quickly as the TPMS

The Multi is a better two up bike than a GSA ? They must have improved then !!!

As you say each to their own , I find the GS a great all round bike that delivers all day long . I could list all the bikes I have owned but that’s not the point .
The older Multi had a seat that was like sitting in a bowl , uncomfortable and did not allow to move around the bike to get the best balance , looking at the V4 the seat seems flatter and more able to allow you move with the bike not stuck in it . It was one thing on the 1209/1260 that for me was a handicap

Just found it the same as my 2010 s 1200 , did not like the way it handled when pushed , it was hard to find a constant line , unlike the Gs . Hope the V4 is better , and for 23k I hope so , but easy come easy go

I’ll probably have a demo on a V4 when the chance comes but can’t imagine the engine will be anymore exciting than the L twin 1260 and I love V4s.

As for the handling on the road well I’ll leave that splitting of hairs to better riders than me (which is most people :D).

Also the looks of the new Multi V4 are a bit well... meh

If I change my Multi this year it’ll probably be for something else. The new Busa perhaps. :bounce1:bounce1

You put it so well

You put it so well

I once rode my lovely HP4 (another bike I shouldn't have sold) from Gloucester to Abergavenny with zero pressure in the rear tyre. To quote you....I did in fact "kick the tyres before setting off" and they looked perfect. I stopped twice enroute and kicked them some more because the bike wasn't quite right at 80mph and through the back roads. It was only when I went to the tyre garage and checked the pressures I found it had none. No nail in the tyre. Whatever caused it must've come out. I learnt that day that you can't make a visual inspection and rely on it. You have to check. So if your're talking PITA - how about kneeling down and plugging a manual guage on verses sensors. Carry on if you want but I'll stick to sensors ta!

I only raised the subject because a bike this expensive should have them standard fit. GS - standard. 1290 - standard. £23k - not standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You put it so well

Do you rely on tpms to give you an accurate reading? I don't. I pump them to the pressure as indicated by my German foot pump.

I use mine to show fluctuations, as in a 0.2 bar difference from a few days earlier, telling me the tyre had lost a couple of psi, and to investigate.

Low and behold, there was a screw in the tyre that the tpms warned me about.

I only raised the subject because a bike this expensive should have them standard fit. GS - standard. 1290 - standard. £23k - not standard.

Agreed, Chris. It’s disgusting!
Stuff like paying KTM £300 to turn on a quick shifter that’s already fitted annoys me too !
And seats !!
You pay £20k for a bike then have to fork out for a ‘Comfort Seat’. Doesn’t your £20k get you a decent seat ?
It should all be standard on a top model .
In saying that , the seat on the Streetfighter V4S I had for the day was an utter revelation-the best OE seat on any bike I’ve ever ridden . And reviews all seem to speak favourably of the Multi V4 seats.
They certainly needed to improve as the old Multi was horrid in the comfort stakes.

Agreed, Chris. It’s disgusting!
Stuff like paying KTM £300 to turn on a quick shifter that’s already fitted annoys me too !
And seats !!
You pay £20k for a bike then have to fork out for a ‘Comfort Seat’. Doesn’t your £20k get you a decent seat ?
It should all be standard on a top model .
In saying that , the seat on the Streetfighter V4S I had for the day was an utter revelation-the best OE seat on any bike I’ve ever ridden . And reviews all seem to speak favourably of the Multi V4 seats.
They certainly needed to improve as the old Multi was horrid in the comfort stakes.

What colour are you going for?

Never tried the Multi 2 up in honesty so cant actually comment but I may concede the point

My wife refused to go on the 1200s as she said it was awful , always went out on the TC as she was happy in that . Her comments were , it’s shit get me home . She is around size 8 and still found it cramped compared to the GS layout , hoping she likes the V4 revamp on the seating as the V4 motor looks good, just need to ride the bugger

I’ll probably have a demo on a V4 when the chance comes but can’t imagine the engine will be anymore exciting than the L twin 1260 and I love V4s.

As for the handling on the road well I’ll leave that splitting of hairs to better riders than me (which is most people :D).

Also the looks of the new Multi V4 are a bit well... meh

If I change my Multi this year it’ll probably be for something else. The new Busa perhaps. :bounce1:bounce1

A Busa , for the love of god it looks like a melted tuppaware pot , that is one ugly mother fooker .
But one size or look does not suit all .I quite like new look, less banana than the last one , more balanced and subtle.

The news that we can't holiday (even in this country!) is a bit of an issue.

You buy a new bike and it spends it's life in the garage

My 1290 has been on SORN since November and the future doesn't look much better right now either.

Somebody tell me a joke to cheer me up!

Nothing is decided yet re going away. Once infection rates drop (as they normally do in spring and summer) then travel corridors will open again like they did last year.

Also having the mass vaccination programme ongoing will help with probable vaccination passports for those wanting to getaway.

I fully anticipate being able to do a few continental trips this year. :thumb2

MCN Saturday evening.

Wet weather test by the looks :blast

Attachments

• 4E5A50B4-687A-4BF2-A8EC-65F9BB2035F4.jpg
    4E5A50B4-687A-4BF2-A8EC-65F9BB2035F4.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 162
My wife refused to go on the 1200s as she said it was awful , always went out on the TC as she was happy in that . Her comments were , it’s shit get me home . She is around size 8 and still found it cramped compared to the GS layout , hoping she likes the V4 revamp on the seating as the V4 motor looks good, just need to ride the bugger

My previous GF didn't like riding pillion on my 2010 Multi but was very happy on the 1300s and GS.

It was a totally bonkers bike unlike the newer 1260 which seems very civilised and grown up compared.

There you go then. That's Bennets, Visordown, MCN, uncle Tom Cobbley 'n' all, just loving this bike.

Back
Top Bottom