New Multi V4

'kin ell ....

I switched off at 'ready for any adventuuuuuuuuure ..' (10 seconds?)

Imagine going on tour with him ..... :eek: !!

Bet his nickname’s “ Thrush”........cos he’s an irritating cnut!

I persevered to 1min 50 to see just how bad it would get . What an annoying voice and inflection at the end of every sentence. Also I hate those bloody “reviews” where they haven’t actually ridden the bike , he’s just regurgitating everything else he’s seen on the internet / the Ducati press blurb.

If you can get past the Essex accents this is probably the most decent initial impression of the new Multi V4 for far.

And yes they are my local dealer. :D

If you can get past the Essex accents this is probably the most decent initial impression of the new Multi V4 for far.

And yes they are my local dealer. :D

They have just up loaded a 1260 v V4 vid. First time i have seen them back to back. Interesting to watch. Sorry i cant upload a link.

They have just up loaded a 1260 v V4 vid. First time i have seen them back to back. Interesting to watch. Sorry i cant upload a link.

Only Fools and Ducatis.

Awright mate !!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2djkc1D-yRA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems to knock the 1260 into a cocked hat !!!

Certainly looks better and the new screen is a great improvement.At least they’ve finally got rid of that stupid monocle bit of plastic , just in case you dont know where the gear indication is !!!

Only Fools and Ducatis.

Awright mate !!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2djkc1D-yRA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems to knock the 1260 into a cocked hat !!!

Certainly looks better and the new screen is a great improvement.At least they’ve finally got rid of that stupid monocle bit of plastic , just in case you dont know where the gear indication is !!!

They could do with a little less effing and jeffing, no need :blagblah

No doubt the V4s is a great package but the 1260 looks sexier more like a Ducati and it's a great bike, the induction roar of the V twin is quite addictive, I'm on the fence, I like a lot of what I've seen and read about the V4 and hope to take one out soon when my bike is in for it's annual service but I also like the 1260 and may get one before it's phased out in favour of it's tech laden successor.
The gear indicator "monocle" as you call it, why does it bother you? I see it every time I ride and have completely forgotten about it, it neither pleases nor annoys I just accept it as a Ducati quirk ;)

When's the V4 Pike's Peak coming?

Not that I can afford one :(

No such beast at the moment AFAIK, the nearest thing to it is bike with all boxes ticked plus the Sport paint scheme, reassuringly expensive though :D

Good point, that did occur to me after I posted, but surely there will be a range topping "sporty" Multistrada to replace the Pike's Peak at some point?

Good point, that did occur to me after I posted, but surely there will be a range topping "sporty" Multistrada to replace the Pike's Peak at some point?

Thats what I shall hold out for

Even as good as the V4 is claimed to be and acknowledged as such I am still not sold on its looks TBH

They could do with a little less effing and jeffing, no need :blagblah

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so. Come accross as uneducated dimwits....sadly. You know, the type with a successful Ducati dealership under their arm.

Interesting seeing the 1260 next to the V4. Looks much larger. Makes you realise how much Ducati are after GS and KTM sales.

Was told yesterday by Manchester 'group' Ducati that they've 80 odd pre-orders - thats a lot from 5(?) dealers. Some orders in almost a year ago. If thats acurate then they've hit the ground running with this bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Neeves of MCN has ridden the V4S in cold, shite Britain and still quite likes it

0785e8f994a0cb9559df9d3403a291d8.jpg

As usual with most bike tests, no mention of pillion suitability !!

As usual with most bike tests, no mention of pillion suitability !!

Had a look at one at the local dealer and looking at the rear and sitting on it it seemed comfortable and in a way similar to the GS as its a similar shape , unlike the old 1200 multi I had as the wife would not go out on it , but I feel she would on this as the whole package seems more tailored towards the touring / scratching market.
The older bikes seemed to have a hollowed out banana seat and pad for the rear.
Im looking at a test ride as soon as we can .

Michael Neeves of MCN has ridden the V4S in cold, shite Britain and still quite likes it

0785e8f994a0cb9559df9d3403a291d8.jpg

Interesting read , just wish he would have explained more about the brakes , as it was a cold day so if they are not as powerful as you would expect (quote) , what will they be like once hammered on hot tarmac , once again a cliff hanger of journo opinion , the Bennets clip was great tho.

Back
Top Bottom