Any insurance experts here?

AdrianS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Other half had booked to go to Dubai for a few days with her brother to see her son who is working out there.
She booked through Travelrepublic in January. She was due to fly out next Wednesday but 2 days ago Travel republic cancelled the package ( they were staying in a hotel).
They offered her a credit note only. We have been trying to contact Travelrepublic with no success and emails are not answered.

Has she a right to a refund or has she got to accept a credit note. She doesn't want a credit note as her son will be returning home later this year if he can get out.

You’re definitely due a full refund on the basis that they have cancelled - if you’re getting nowhere try and speak to your credit card company to fight on you’re behalf (assume you paid on a card)

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is this an insurance question?

Didn't know if she would or could claim off travel insurance if the company refused to give a refund.

Other problem with a credit note is that if the travel company goes bump then the credit note is worthless.

If booked on credit card or (some) debit cards there may be recourse if supplier is in breach of contract but that still depends what contract says.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

She is entitled to a full refund. She might need to be patient as they are no doubt overwhelmed with requests plus they will have staff off.

Be patient and keep trying to call. They are part of ATOL and ABTA plus owned by Emirates so they will get to her eventually. Unlike many travel companies, with the backing of Emirates they are unlikely go bust, but if shit happens, she obviously made the booking using a credit card so there should be S75 cover from the card issuing bank.

Don't panic.

She is entitled to a full refund. She might need to be patient as they are no doubt overwhelmed with requests plus they will have staff off.

Be patient and keep trying to call. They are part of ATOL and ABTA plus owned by Emirates so they will get to her eventually. Unlike many travel companies, with the backing of Emirates they are unlikely go bust, but if shit happens, she obviously made the booking using a credit card so there should be S75 cover from the card issuing bank.

Don't panic.

This ^^^^^^^.......:thumb

My daughter is a glorified travel agent and tells me it's a full refund job from Travel Republic. Lines to the business that she works for can have 100 calls on hold when she starts work...:eek:

Other half had booked to go to Dubai for a few days with her brother to see her son who is working out there.
She booked through Travelrepublic in January. She was due to fly out next Wednesday but 2 days ago Travel republic cancelled the package ( they were staying in a hotel).
They offered her a credit note only. We have been trying to contact Travelrepublic with no success and emails are not answered.

Has she a right to a refund or has she got to accept a credit note. She doesn't want a credit note as her son will be returning home later this year if he can get out.

I am an insurance clerk. This, for now at least, has nothing to do with insurance. Your beef (certainly not pork, given the destination) is with Travelrepublic, whatever they are.

Back
Top Bottom