Blimey, insurance costs jumped

New bike is 2x value of the old bike. Thought they were both equally nickable tbh.

Best quote I've been able to find is £700 with Motorcycle Direct, who I have never heard of...

part of https://www.europa-group.co.uk/about-us/our-brands.php - they are brokers, you need to know who is actually underwriting the policy and how the terms compare to other underwriters. You may recognise some other brands but they are just that, not a guarantee of better service. Insurance is a lot of smoke & mirrors with loads of rebadged products. On some so called comparison sites, you might find the top 10 products listed are actually different brands of the same company.

You may be delighted to know, it seems it was one of the many insurance companies set up by model citizen Arron Banks. I have no idea if he still owns shares but he is no longer a director.

part of https://www.europa-group.co.uk/about-us/our-brands.php - they are brokers, you need to know who is actually underwriting the policy and how the terms compare to other underwriters. You may recognise some other brands but they are just that, not a guarantee of better service. Insurance is a lot of smoke & mirrors with loads of rebadged products. On some so called comparison sites, you might find the top 10 products listed are actually different brands of the same company.

You may be delighted to know, it seems it was one of the many insurance companies set up by model citizen Arron Banks. I have no idea if he still owns shares but he is no longer a director.

Thanks for this. Blimey. I did notice that Bennetts, Devitts, and Carole Nash were all quoting prices from Highway; I couldn't tell what MCE was. I guess I'm just a bit surprised at it. By contrast, my car which is worth comfortably 2x the bike and is kept on the drive is £300pa fully comp.

Thanks for this. Blimey. I did notice that Bennetts, Devitts, and Carole Nash were all quoting prices from Highway; I couldn't tell what MCE was. I guess I'm just a bit surprised at it. By contrast, my car which is worth comfortably 2x the bike and is kept on the drive is £300pa fully comp.

MCE is the retailer of their own parent company's policies. Based in Gibraltar. I have used them but they have a grim reputation for claims handling so glad I didn't have to.

Back
Top Bottom