Addition to the garage

That early z650 looks great.....

I’d have that instead of the RE, as in 10 years time, the zen will be worth more, and you will have had the fun of riding it.

I’d have that instead of the RE, as in 10 years time, the zen will be worth more, and you will have had the fun of riding it.

My thoughts exactly.
I remember taking one for a test ride when they first came out and absolutely loved it, but alas a deal could not be struck ☹️.
So it would be great to be able to scratch that long held itch.

My thoughts exactly.
I remember taking one for a test ride when they first came out and absolutely loved it, but alas a deal could not be struck ☹️.
So it would be great to be able to scratch that long held itch.

I always thought the 650 had perfect proportions for a 4 cylinder across the frame bike. Still do.

I ordered one yesterday, Baker Express colour scheme, it is (to me) the best looking bike in the range when you see them together. You can actually buy a new tank in any of the colour schemes for £300 so you could change later if you wanted.

I have my eye on a few of the RE accessories and probably a set of Scorpion cans as they really sound good on this bike and they are approved by RE as far as staying in warranty..... £5,899 with 3 years warranty and 3 years roadside assistance is a lot of bike for the money. I've not seen a single bad review on this bike and there is a ton of them on YouTube.

I am going to keep it unreg in my garage until March 1st so plenty of time to fiddle with what I'd like to do with it, maybe a rack and some engine bars and a fly screen.

It's an A2 compliant bike at 47hp out the box which is clever by RE, however fit a free flow air filter by DNA and remove the restriction cover plate on the intake and de-cat with scorpion cans and it's a good bit above A2 .... so a good choice for the owner if they wish to do this.
11071fc9270a748a6205ed5d409935a0.jpg
f0c0da98393b672cfe22df2824fc142b.jpg

I ordered one yesterday, Baker Express colour scheme, it is (to me) the best looking bike in the range when you see them together. You can actually buy a new tank in any of the colour schemes for £300 so you could change later if you wanted.

I have my eye on a few of the RE accessories and probably a set of Scorpion cans as they really sound good on this bike and they are approved by RE as far as staying in warranty..... £5,899 with 3 years warranty and 3 years roadside assistance is a lot of bike for the money. I've not seen a single bad review on this bike and there is a ton of them on YouTube.

I am going to keep it unreg in my garage until March 1st so plenty of time to fiddle with what I'd like to do with it, maybe a rack and some engine bars and a fly screen.

It's an A2 compliant bike at 47hp out the box which is clever by RE, however fit a free flow air filter by DNA and remove the restriction cover plate on the intake and de-cat with scorpion cans and it's a good bit above A2 .... so a good choice for the owner if they wish to do this.
11071fc9270a748a6205ed5d409935a0.jpg
f0c0da98393b672cfe22df2824fc142b.jpg

How are you getting on with it? I took one out for a spin and really liked it. The only thing I couldn't get along with was the really high foot pegs. Turns out there's a lowering kit for £44

Back
Top Bottom