Dent Event 2020 is cancelled ....

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry folks, but it can only be the right decision :(

So many lovely people travelling a long way, the uncertainty of it all. It would be foolish to think it'll be better and gone away in eight weeks time.

So to save all the wondering, thinking, planning, expense, to make it easy for you, then I'm afraid we have to pull the plug on this years Event.

Hope to see you at Strontian in September if things get easier, and there's always Dent 2021 :thumby:

Take care

:beerjug:

So the Strontian event will be

Stontian Survivors 2020

You better make sure all of you basitds are there :beerjug::beerjug:

Fair play on your decision Micky.:thumb2
Now looking forward to Strontian in September providing all this virus shit has blown over by then. Onwards and upwards.:beerjug:
Cocktails will be quaffed.:D:ChrisKelly

BTW Micky, if you've incurred any expenses with refence to the Dent Do (ie regalia etc)
please make it known so we can chip in. I'm sure others won't hesitate to throw summat in the hat.:thumb2

Well done Mick....a hard call after all your hard work, but the only one you could make. I know after our chats how much you didn't want to make a decision just now, but I think you've done the best thing at the best time.

Thanks.

Very sorry to read this, Mick. I was hoping for the best, but after the recent announcements this has not come as a complete surprise - it is out of your hands. In spite of all the obvious disappointment, many (many!) thanks for all your work in organizing these things.

Mickey. Do you know which dates it'll be next year?
I'll need to move my booking at the George.

BTW Micky, if you've incurred any expenses with refence to the Dent Do (ie regalia etc)
please make it known so we can chip in. I'm sure others won't hesitate to throw summat in the hat.:thumb2

Not a problem thanks Stu. Some regalia ordered but paid for. Couple not been paid for but I don't expect any problems there ...

But thanks for your thoughts ... UKGSer at its best :thumby:

Well done Mick....a hard call after all your hard work, but the only one you could make. I know after our chats how much you didn't want to make a decision just now, but I think you've done the best thing at the best time.

Thanks.

Not really Mr G, it wasn't a difficult decision at all :thumby:

Mickey. Do you know which dates it'll be next year?
I'll need to move my booking at the George.

It'll be the same weekend Dave, probably the 21st - 23rd May, weekend before Spring bank Holiday weekend, Monday 31st.

Assuming I'm running The Dent Event 'Survivers' Weekend in 2021 ;)

If I don't make it some fecker else will have to run it for me :D

The next meet will be even bigger and better ( if that's possible ) :thumb2

Hey Micky
I’m already on the way,:confused: we are in the Hymer. :D
Seriously though it’s the correct decision and we will look forward to next year.
Stay safe mate.

Arsey would be pleased :D

I told you so :D

In all honesty I was thinking this morning that we can't afford to risk it. I'm in the thick of it at work.

Thanks Micky for the organisation. Survivor meet up next year :D

Good Call Micky!

What will I do with all the raffle prizes of RdGA maps I've been printing out in A0 size and folding nicely?

If the Misano MotoGP is on I always go there so will, probably, miss out on Strontian again - I'll have to pass them on to some local helpful chap to take for me.

Stay safe.

Were you driving south on the A9 on Friday afternoon? I was going north.

Arsey would be pleased :D

I told you so :D

In all honesty I was thinking this morning that we can't afford to risk it. I'm in the thick of it at work.

Thanks Micky for the organisation. Survivor meet up next year :D

Not at all .
It’s a pain in the arse that all of our lives are on hold but some on here still need a kick up the arse to see what’s happening .

Micky is not one of those .

Good Call Micky!

Were you driving south on the A9 on Friday afternoon? I was going north.

Yep, that would be me. Not that many PopTop T4 Super Troopers about :thumb

Not at all .
It’s a pain in the arse that all of our lives are on hold but some on here still need a kick up the arse to see what’s happening .

Micky is not one of those .

Ha ha ... thanks.

Margaret at High Laning is open for business as usual, with two or three happy campers on the field!
She assures me she's disinfecting the toilets every half hour :eek:

It'll be the same weekend Dave, probably the 21st - 23rd May, weekend before Spring bank Holiday weekend, Monday 31st.

Assuming I'm running The Dent Event 'Survivers' Weekend in 2021 ;)

If I don't make it some fecker else will have to run it for me :D

That weekend works perfectly for me Micky! :friday

Back
Top Bottom