Big ears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaca2865

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bought myself a Schuberth E1 to replace my C3 Pro

Have worn it 3 times now for no more than 2 hours each time as my ears get bloody sore - the ear aperture seems too small compared to the C3 which I might end up reverting to. Having ear plugs inserted simply makes it worse.

Question is:
can I gently reshape the lining to make the ear aperture larger and if so what’s the best way?

Or

Is there another helmet out there with a space that is better (bigger) for my big ears!!

Jim

Bought myself a Schuberth E1 to replace my C3 Pro

Have worn it 3 times now for no more than 2 hours each time as my ears get bloody sore - the ear aperture seems too small compared to the C3 which I might end up reverting to. Having ear plugs inserted simply makes it worse.

Question is:
can I gently reshape the lining to make the ear aperture larger and if so what’s the best way?

Or

Is there another helmet out there with a space that is better (bigger) for my big ears!!

Jim

If your talking about the hard expanded foam core, theres nothing to stop you doing some reshaping.

Be aware though if you take too much out, the crash protection may be reduced

If your talking about the hard expanded foam core, theres nothing to stop you doing some reshaping.

Be aware though if you take too much out, the crash protection may be reduced

I did this to relieve a tight part and although I only removed a tiny amount of the polystyrene it solved the problem.

I used a drill with an abrasive attachment.

Thanks both

I’ve been sitting with it just now gently compressing interior hot spots with a small pestle from the wife’s set!!!!

Never had to do this with the C3!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom