Riding Out and About

Having spoken to my g/f who’s a paramedic and also works in the control centre,she was gobsmacked that so many selfish idiots are still out riding.
Most hospitals are overflowing ,they have no spare ambulances.
You come off your bike or get knocked off,don’t expect any nice bedside manner from any of the medical professionals-funnily enough they have more important things to do right now.
Plus you won’t have a bed and if you do,you’re highly likely to get a large dose of Covid 19.
Crack on,natural selection is doing it’s job.

Having spoken to my g/f who’s a paramedic and also works in the control centre,she was gobsmacked that so many selfish idiots are still out riding.
Most hospitals are overflowing ,they have no spare ambulances.
You come off your bike or get knocked off,don’t expect any nice bedside manner from any of the medical professionals-funnily enough they have more important things to do right now.
Plus you won’t have a bed and if you do,you’re highly likely to get a large dose of Covid 19.
Crack on,natural selection is doing it’s job.

Agreed. It’s not really any hardship to park your bike for few weeks is it? Lots of self entitled boys about. People need to start acting like responsible adults.

I live in a very popular, for motorbikes part of the Dales.
Just a few miles from me is Devils Bridge. Today it was absolutely heaving with bikes.
Over the last few years, due mainly to the sheer numbers, the bikes are becoming increasingly unpopular with residents.
Today, they became despised. Total and utter selfishness, just no regard for others.
If you can set off from your home with a full tank, keep yourself completely to yourself, ride carefully and safely,
Do not interact with anybody then I don't have much of a problem, just don't be ignorant selfish twats.Think of others.

I went through Devils Bridge yesterday on my way to Hawes. It was heaving with bikes yesterday also, I would normally have stopped but not this time, absolutely not worth the risk.

I was thinking of having a ride on my own, I thought I would not be in contact with anyone which is the main concern.

But then I considered, what if I have an accident? The ambulance service, police and possibly fire service would have to come and scrape me off the road and this would divert vital resources and they’d all have to come in contact with me and each other.

So I think I’ll leave the bike at home for now. Regrettably.

Exactly where I was when I got out of bed this morning and saw the sun shining.

Then I noticed the frost on the roof tiles and thought - don’t be a ****. Leave the bike in the garage and chill.

As above, the last thing you want is to be the fuckin’ idiot who called upon A&E when you bin it and need attention.

Instead we enjoyed an at-home afternoon.

I’ll be honest though - some rascally children swung by to say Hi to Mum.

Yep my mate was surprised that the infamous Ponderosa was completely shut when we rode past (they have a takeaway window big as well as the main restaurant) , me I was pleased they’d seen the sense to shut it . Some bikers we’re parked outside the gates looking dazed and confused ;)

Saw the ad re Pondy Closing,like a a majority did. so i heard most of those went to the Rhug on the A5 instead .....crazy. The take away sector is taking the piss out of social distancing and this needs nipping in the bud. Just seen a thread re MacDonalds closing so the rest should be enforced to follow.

How about the local councils putting large advice banners/notice boards on these gathering sites. We all know where they are in our areas, albeit for walkers, riders, or any other outdoor pursuitists. Perhaps when people get a gentle nudge they will heed the warnings. After all, it’s still early days and some people need a bit more of a nudge sometimes

How about the local councils putting large advice banners/notice boards on these gathering sites. We all know where they are in our areas, albeit for walkers, riders, or any other outdoor pursuitists. Perhaps when people get a gentle nudge they will heed the warnings. After all, it’s still early days and some people need a bit more of a nudge sometimes

Like you heeded the advice to avoid all but essential travel and just ignored it by going out for a jolly on your bike ?
Is it any wonder the UK is going to be decimated by this virus when people think they can just do what the fuck they want ?
Unbelievable !

Like you heeded the advice to avoid all but essential travel and just ignored it by going out for a jolly on your bike ?
Is it any wonder the UK is going to be decimated by this virus when people think they can just do what the fuck they want ?
Unbelievable !

I did 120 miles essential travel today for a sandwich. Lovely Cheshire roads; flask and butties in a nice secluded place. NO harm done :thumb2

Not just bikers.

I live in Ingleton, some of you may know it. Over this weekend the village was mobbed,it was heaving.
It was like a sunny bank holiday,it was rediculous.
It got so bad that some of the shops closed for the weekend.
The famous Ingleton waterfalls walk has been closed for a while now but that didn’t stop the masses. The gates to the car park locked. So the twats just parked where they could causing chaos then just climbed over the gates to get in.
Lots of villagers are very upset about it, to the point where if people don’t start acting responsibly or there is an official lock down they willing man the barricades.

Arsey, wind your neck in.
You went on about my getting pissed off about all the virus hysteria, yet you're like a stuck record over this.
There's no law against going out for a ride.
There's no restriction.
I'm riding every day to work as it is, and now I'm on a sixteen day shift break I'll be riding as many of my bikes as often as I feel like.
I'll only be staying home if someone's stood pointing a gun at me.

Back
Top Bottom