Riding Out and About

Arsey, wind your neck in.
You went on about my getting pissed off about all the virus hysteria, yet you're like a stuck record over this.
There's no law against going out for a ride.
There's no restriction.
I'm riding every day to work as it is, and now I'm on a sixteen day shift break I'll be riding as many of my bikes as often as I feel like.
I'll only be staying home if someone's stood pointing a gun at me.

And that's the problem. HMG have been behind the curve all the way on this. There's been mixed messages from day one and only last week, Johnson was saying that it was OK to go out and enjoy yourself. People listened to that bit, as people do and ignored the bit about social isolation. There's fuckwittery on all sides here and it wont stop until HMG passes legislation that clamps down on this kind of behaviour and authorises the polis to issue fines or lock people up.

Here's how it should have been done! :D

You went on about my getting pissed off about all the virus hysteria, yet you're like a stuck record over this.
There's no restriction.
I'm riding every day to work as it is, and now I'm on a sixteen day shift break I'll be riding as many of my bikes as often as I feel like.

Is there any need to be rude? The point is not about self isolating on a bike its basically, at the moment, if you choose to do something you didn't need to do and end up requiring medical treatment as a result, you're a person who might have just killed someone who needs the bed you've taken, or by spreading it (if asymptomatic) to the doctor who treats you, resulting in them being unable to treat someone else.

If you have to ride to work fair enough but leasure riding is a no no....

IMHO

Engineer, just fcuk off and die you useless waste of breath.j

Can people please not feed the trolls and reply to his idiotic posts - it rather defeats the purpose of having him on ignore!

I'm not the one calling anyone a "selfish cunt" or a twat, or any other abusive term. :augie

Have a go at them instead.

OK fair enough but maybe think about why people are getting angry with you? I have no personal axe to grind with you or anyone on this forum but please dont ride unless you have to.....

There's no restriction.

I’m like a stuck record because there are too many on here who always know better , you being one of them . Suggest you wind your own neck in and actually heed advice rather than doing what the fuck you want .Selfish idiot . Not surprising though .

78d9df08a7854d03f75d72f81e26d99c.plist

Thanks to people like you the whole country will probably be on lockdown by the end of the week . Makes you proud , doesn’t it ?

Like you heeded the advice to avoid all but essential travel and just ignored it by going out for a jolly on your bike ?
Is it any wonder the UK is going to be decimated by this virus when people think they can just do what the fuck they want ?
Unbelievable !

Must have misread the advice then, sorry. I understood that it was social gathering that was the ultimate concern.

Must have misread the advice then, sorry. I understood that it was social gathering that was the ultimate concern.

Easily done I guess . I think it’s more aimed at the Tarkas and Engineers of this world who are so arrogant that they will carry on till they have a gun in their face telling them not too . That I would love to see ! :)

Selfish cunt.

Happy selfish **** thankyou.

Really going to piss you and Arsey ( hey, this is the Northwest section btw) as digging out either Valkyrie or Z900RS for another run on Wednesday or Thursday...then, gasp, going fishing on Friday:eek:.
Nothing to say you shouldn't go out on a motorcycle, only on UKGSer paranoid section which seem's to think we need to stay in.

There's no restriction.

Top man...the paranoids are running the asylum :clap

You crack on . None of this applies to you obviously.

It doesn't; you just don't get it, do you? Stay at home Arsey, they may send you a food parcel.
When the government tells me to stay in on lockdown, then yes, I will stay in.....but not just because you and a couple of other tossers
seem to think THEY are right.
Is there a Guernsey section to can influence with this paranoia ?

Happy selfish **** thankyou.

Really going to piss you and Arsey ( hey, this is the Northwest section btw) as digging out either Valkyrie or Z900RS for another run on Wednesday or Thursday...then, gasp, going fishing on Friday:eek:.
Nothing to say you shouldn't go out on a motorcycle, only on UKGSer paranoid section which seem's to think we need to stay in.

I think you are missing the point, no one said you can’t go out. It’s basically, at the moment, if you choose to do something you didn't need to do and end up requiring medical treatment as a result, you're a person who might have just killed someone who needs the bed you've taken, or by spreading it (if asymptomatic) to the doctor who treats you, resulting in them being unable to treat someone else.

Nothing to do with paranoia but being a responsible adult.

Why would I suddenly need medical treatment ? I am concreting/lifting my path today...hopefully without any injury...and up on the roof later in the week
but should I cancel those as well, as I have an equal chance of getting hurt as well ?

It is precisely about social gathering, which of course can aid the spread of the virus, a solo ride through the hills having contact with no one is clearly of negligible risk - however the loony-covid-clique on here think that every biker is going to crash (probably because they fall off a lot) and take up valuable emergency service time and clog up hospital beds - it’s utter nonsense; they are suffering hugely from cabin fever; they are the same every winter, but this virus thing has made it worse to the point where they can no longer rationalise the simplest of arguments.

Take no notice of their senior moment ramblings.

Why would I suddenly need medical treatment ? I am concreting/lifting my path today...hopefully without any injury...and up on the roof later in the week
but should I cancel those as well, as I have an equal chance of getting hurt as well ?

Indeed, more accidents requiring hospitalisation happen at home but the covid warriors slagged me off for pointing out that simple fact.

Its about managing risk. If that’s in your job so be it. But riding a motorcycle carries additional danger which if you can avoid then it’s probably best to do that as the moment while we get through this storm. If you or anyone think they are riding gods who won’t crash or get hit, or you don’t understand the risks of your hobby then I suggest you sell your bike immediately before your kill yourself or someone else.

Its about managing risk. If that’s in your job so be it. But riding a motorcycle carries additional danger which if you can avoid then it’s probably best to do that as the moment while we get through this storm. If you or anyone think they are riding gods who won’t crash or get hit, or you don’t understand the risks of your hobby then I suggest you sell your bike immediately before your kill yourself or someone else.

DOH - the risk of doing DIY at home is even higher!!!!! So when self isolating DO NOT ATTEMPT DIY

DOH - the risk of doing DIY at home is even higher!!!!! So when self isolating DO NOT ATTEMPT DIY

How many accidents at home require the paramedics, ambulance, possibly the air ambulance, the police, traffic officers and the fire and rescue service, close a road and cause disruption? None. Unless you've just committed a chain saw massacre I suspect just an ambulance.

Whereas when someone spreads you all over the A14 after hitting your GS all of the above will turn up.

But yes maybe avoid DIY as well at the moment.

How many accidents at home require the paramedics, ambulance, possibly the air ambulance, the police, traffic officers and the fire and rescue service, close a road and cause disruption? None. Unless you've just committed a chain saw massacre I suspect just an ambulance.

Whereas when someone spreads you all over the A14 after hitting your GS all of the above will turn up.

But yes maybe avoid DIY as well at the moment.

Good - so all those people on here that are in self isolation and doing DIY should stop immediately, if the don’t they are being socially irresponsible.

As you say it’s all about risk management rather than absolutes, but is it a fact that there are far more NHS resources used by home accidents than any other.

Back
Top Bottom