Virtual UK Address

OTTer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I noticed one of our peers quoting a “virtual UK address”. I get lots of ‘stuff’ from the UK and use Addresspal which seems to work quite well although it’s a little slow. It’s also a bit pricey but cheaper and more convenient than using an actual UK address and the getting the item reposted.

Does anyone have any alternatives?

Parcel Motel is probably the most common one. I've been using it for years........great for sending stuff to the UK as well.

from my G8 ThinQ

Parcel Motel have never lost a parcel on me. Addresspal however managed to give it to the wrong person purely on basis that mine was missing its label and someone contacted them to say they were missing a parcel. To compound the issue when you are trying to resolve an issue with parcelmotel you have to communicate with both AnPost and their UK agents in the addresspal depot, in the end they basically said they are not responsible for it.

you could just send it straight to you and not try and break the law.

A lot of UK sellers won't ship to Ireland........so we have to use a virtual address. Fully traceble to the purchaser.....so nothing unlawful about it. Nothing to hide.

Or have a parcel sent to a fellow gser strategically located one mile into the north. ;)

I found out recently that it was actually cheaper to ship a small parcel with £50 insurance to RoI than to NI. (From mainland UK)
:nenau

I use DPD Parcel Wizard for my UK virtual. Excellent service, €3.95 for each forwarded parcel. App to reschedule delivery to a pickup point or another day, shows van location.

I use DPD Parcel Wizard for my UK virtual. Excellent service, €3.95 for each forwarded parcel. App to reschedule delivery to a pickup point or another day, shows van location.
I must look into that but having the Parcel Motel "lockers" close to my house makes it a cinch for collection and hiding new farkles from wife and sending stuff out.

from my G8 ThinQ

Thanks for the suggestions - well maybe except for one:nenau! I think I’ll stick with the Addresspal one for now, it hasn’t let me down yet and the advantage is if I’m not in they leave it in the village post office for me, just at the top of our little boreen.

Parcel Motel announced that they were ceasing the virtual UK address from 28 December courtesy of Brexit. They don't seem to respond to requests for refund of balance in your account. Just received my balance back via PayPal today Parcel Motel crew didn't even respond to the claim.

There is a Place in Derry , http://spacehubderry.com/parceldrop/ , The issue being , they wont repost .
WHats required , is a Northern Irish Address , thats prepared to repost ,
i wonder when all costs are counted , will it stack up .

Basically , your Looking at . UK postage Charges . Holding address charges , Re-post charges . ?
I wonder , what would be the legal implications ?

Whats your thoughts on this ?

There is a Place in Derry , http://spacehubderry.com/parceldrop/ , The issue being , they wont repost .
WHats required , is a Northern Irish Address , thats prepared to repost ,
i wonder when all costs are counted , will it stack up .

Basically , your Looking at . UK postage Charges . Holding address charges , Re-post charges . ?
I wonder , what would be the legal implications ?

Whats your thoughts on this ?

I have had issues with 2 orders from England this week, one (eBay) would not entertain posting to NI and the other was from John Lewis said they have currently suspended orders to NI. I have since placed an order from Germany, no indication of despatch yet so watching with interest.

I have had issues with 2 orders from England this week, one (eBay) would not entertain posting to NI and the other was from John Lewis said they have currently suspended orders to NI. I have since placed an order from Germany, no indication of despatch yet so watching with interest.

Its Funny , Ive started Using Ebay.de and have had cheaper Postage from Germany ... Its changing times ...

Do you think that Pacelmotel might set up a forwarding service from France or Gremany or anywhere within the EU for that matter?

Having a bit of a mare with Addresspal at the moment. Because uk suppliers are not putting customs declarations on which is perhaps understandable, they sit on the item for a while and then act as customs agent and impose charges based on full retail value of the item plus a fee for doing so.
Frustrating when some items originated in the EU in the first place?
More uk based retailers aren’t shipping to Ireland at the moment, I suspect because they aren’t geared up to post transition. Others that do/did are having their goods returned by hauliers because of incorrect paperwork.
I’m all for buying Irish where I can but some things are just not readily available or are criminally more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom