Virtual UK Address

Having a bit of a mare with Addresspal at the moment. Because uk suppliers are not putting customs declarations on which is perhaps understandable, they sit on the item for a while and then act as customs agent and impose charges based on full retail value of the item plus a fee for doing so.
Frustrating when some items originated in the EU in the first place?
More uk based retailers aren’t shipping to Ireland at the moment, I suspect because they aren’t geared up to post transition. Others that do/did are having their goods returned by hauliers because of incorrect paperwork.
I’m all for buying Irish where I can but some things are just not readily available or are criminally more expensive.

It's a proper nuisance. I've been using parcel motel for years now and they are no longer accepting stuff. time to start buying from Mainland europe and just avoid the UK all together.

It's a proper nuisance. I've been using parcel motel for years now and they are no longer accepting stuff. time to start buying from Mainland europe and just avoid the UK all together.
I miss my trips to the blue&yellow lockers!!

S20 5G sent this......

Local car parts supplier still unable to supply all the parts I needed as of 8 days ago, they also have an online shop and supply much of the trade in this area. So I said I'd try www.Autodoc.de . Well they had all I needed, parts arrived today and cost me €535 delivered to my door as opposed to €811 if I'd used the local supplier. This is exact parts comparison, not different brands. Also ordered a few things from amazon.fr 5 days ago they arrived today via anpost and were posted in Ireland although contents had french labels and obviously intended for French Market. I suspect none of these came via UK. I can't believe how much I saved on those car parts.

Heres an introductory €3 coupon for autodoc if anyone wants it. Coupon is No. AC11221549

Germany to NI

Update on my Order from Germany, item ordered on the 24th from a .de company received today via Parcelforce. The parcel was routed from Germany (Deutsche Post) to Dublin then Belfast for Parcelforce. No extra charges incurred, the only difference to the packaging was a customs label was attached.

Back
Top Bottom