Going for a ride?

Here in the Southwest we are now informed that taking your dog out in the car to your favourite spot is verboten; walk it from home.

Source: Avon & Somerset Police, and quoted by Devon & Cornwalls finest.

I just caught an expert on BBC News this morning (don't know who she is) answering a viewer's question, "Is it okay for me to go for a drive?" Assuming that it didn't involve stopping and interacting with anyone the expert said that if it's important to your mental well-being then yes.

Discuss, while I warm the bike up and get my gear on...

What part of no unnecessary travel aren't you quite getting here?

FFS, having a hoon on your mighty steed shouldn't even be on the radar despite the huge temptation.

I have just come in from a great afternoon. I have been riding the Autosol and rag, it was running as well as ever. It has run out now though, but the sun is dipping and the temperature is dropping fast. Shiney bits abound as a result. Lets see what tomorrow brings, possibly a cold oil change. It won't hurt, it will just take longer and a 90% oil change is better than a late one.

I really can't believe what I'm reading, you have an off whether through your fault or not will mean valuable NHS resources being abstracted to deal with your fuckwittery. My brother who lives in menorca contacted me and said they are in total lockdown. Essential travel only, stop checks and on the spot €300 or €600 fines. I say bring it on over here. I would go even further and seize the vehicles of the fucktards. I don't usually comment on posts but this has made my piss boil. I've been to a few rtc's and seen the carnage involved, you may think your a riding god but it only takes Mr or Mrs magoo, stray wildlife, pets etc and your off on your arse (been there done that). My mighty steed is staying locked up till this is all over. Take a long hard look at yourselves and stay safe. Moan over.

I rode my GS 15 miles home from work today - roads very quiet, very pleasant, I’ll ride to work again Monday morning - Ill use the back roads which will be about 20 miles of deserted roads, lovely:)

Back
Top Bottom