Going for a ride?

Steve R

Reaction score
At this point in time, Saturday 22 March, I don't think there's any restriction on 'going for a ride". Obviously there's nowhere to stop, although drive-in McDonalds will be the last place on earth to close come the end of the world, but I also don't think there's a problem, as you ride through Matlock Bath, that your mate who's waited for you, sets off after you; you ride up to Ladybower reservoir and back, and go your separate ways eventually on the way home. All the better if you have helmet comms. But if you're both blokes then comms aren't really necessary.

Steve.

At this point in time, Saturday 22 March, I don't think there's any restriction on 'going for a ride". Obviously there's nowhere to stop, although drive-in McDonalds will be the last place on earth to close come the end of the world, but I also don't think there's a problem, as you ride through Matlock Bath, that your mate who's waited for you, sets off after you; you ride up to Ladybower reservoir and back, and go your separate ways eventually on the way home. All the better if you have helmet comms. But if you're both blokes then comms aren't really necessary.

Steve.

Other than it’s actually Sunday , and you should avoid Matlock, then Enjoy and be safe

You are right, it's Sunday!!! What can I say, I finished work in 2018. Life's just a blur these days.

Government advice as of today on social distancing:
"You can also go for a walk or exercise outdoors if you stay more than two metres from others"

When I ride my GS on green lanes I think it definitely counts as exercise, as evidenced by my perspiration. And, I've got no mates to ride with, but if I had, as long as they don't ride too close, that would be fine.

There's a couple of "Social Isolation" threads in the Airheads section. Please contribute if you get out for some "excercise".

Steve.

Plan to get out tomorrow ... we are set for a sunny few days so just a bimble around the top of Sussex and probably over to Bhanstormer Alton ... hopefully :)

Steve.

If your mate is one of these; i hope your in lockdown now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200322-191625.jpg
    Screenshot_20200322-191625.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 346
Well OP, McDonald's have just closed, so that'll be that.

Devils Bridge was the same, packed! I rode past. I did over 100 miles and didn’t stop once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i went to the Dales ,on my own I add , stopped once in a farm yard driveway,for a drink of water i had on me. I was shocked what I saw in Hawes. absolutely gobsmacked. The village was like a bank holiday monday. The chippie was so full it looked like it was bursting. I just rode straight through embarrassed by what I had just witnessed. Fell walkers were also out in force . Lock them up or lock them down Boris.

i went to the Dales ,on my own I add , stopped once in a farm yard driveway,for a drink of water i had on me. I was shocked what I saw in Hawes. absolutely gobsmacked. The village was like a bank holiday monday. The chippie was so full it looked like it was bursting. I just rode straight through embarrassed by what I had just witnessed. Fell walkers were also out in force . Lock them up or lock them down Boris.

lockdown coming within 48 hours,thanks to the bell ends of Britain.Thick as fuck !!

All these fcukers should be rounded up and put in internment camps.
It will result in a better quality of life for the responsible ones until the all clear.

Government advice is

AVOID ALL BUT ESSENTIAL TRAVEL.

I’m sure popping out for a jolly on the shitcam won’t be viewed as essential.
Why do so many just ignore all advice as though they know better ?

b04658302bb0e6f5b3821b9c308e536f.jpg

I have stopped going out. The fear of having an accident and ending up in the place where the virus is at its strongest made me give up for the time being

I have stopped going out. The fear of having an accident and ending up in the place where the virus is at its strongest made me give up for the time being

Exactly. Although I needed to nip out over the weekend, I was mindful that having an 'off' would result in additional complications if the bike (or I) needed recovery or repair work. While you can't mitigate for every incident, I definitely noticed a more conservative attitude in my riding style, despite the temptation of empty roads.

Others, however, seemed to be using the Robertsbridge A21 by-pass as an attempt on the UK land-speed record (from what I heard from my garden over the weekend)...

Latest on BBC...

I just caught an expert on BBC News this morning (don't know who she is) answering a viewer's question, "Is it okay for me to go for a drive?" Assuming that it didn't involve stopping and interacting with anyone the expert said that if it's important to your mental well-being then yes.

Discuss, while I warm the bike up and get my gear on...

Back
Top Bottom