Dashcams - ideally usable on bike and in car

ajd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Happy viral spring everyone, hope you're free from the lurgie going around, and stay that way.

I want to get a dashcam, but because I am either riding the 1200GS OR driving the car, one that could be used in both would be ideal (as the Zumo 660 GPS is). Has anyone come across such a thing? I've reviewed the forums and can't see any mention. Thanks.

Seeing no replies so far thought I would chuck something in.
I don't have any sort of cam on bike or car.
My thought is GoPros can unclip from their mounts. Problem is the mounts aren't powered so you would have to keep recharging.
The Hero 7 seems good value at the moment.

tom

You need one that's got to be waterproof for the bike, but also removable to make it transferable.

Obvious choice is the GoPro (and clones) range, although I'm not a great fan of those.

Fitting the camera in the car is pretty straightforward, but where do you fit it on the bike? Is it even on the bike? Helmet?

If I was trying to achieve your goal without using a GoPro, I would use the RoadHawk bullet camera. I have several of these and used them on my bikes, and currently have one in my van. Unfortunately they're no longer available.

Alot of guys, when they fit a camera (or 2) to their bikes, they're permanently installed and to steal one, you'd have to cut cables (or nick the whole bike), and trust me, splicing camera cables together is not that easy, so it's not really worthwhile nicking one!

Another thing to consider is the fact that they will only have a limited internal battery life, so on both the car and the bike, they will need to be wired up to the vehicles power supply.

Personally I'd get a £30 camera from Lidl/Aldi which will do a great job in the car, and buy a seperate system for the bike, and permanently install in on the bike, (until you sell the bike, then swap it over). Taking this option gives you loads of cameras to choose from.
HTH

Back
Top Bottom