Rolex Sub

They wear very differently.

6fab095db9084ac75be8f7226bb2e7a8.jpg

In what way do they wear differently ? I've never even handled a sub but like the weight and chunkyness of the AK. The thing is , as things are at the moment i will have to buy it over the phone.

In what way do they wear differently ? I've never even handled a sub but like the weight and chunkyness of the AK. The thing is , as things are at the moment i will have to buy it over the phone.

It would be exceptional if a Rolex AD would sell, reserve or take a deposit over the phone- although exceptional times.

For better insight try the TZ forum.

The Air King feels small by comparison to the sub. The sub sits comfortably on medium to larger wrists where air king is for the medium size ( my opinion it Rolex !)

Retail on the sub is £6300.

Grey market retail resale ( warranty in the name of the original buyer) is £8k - £8750.

If you want to get a sense of what you’d be offered try selling one to watchfinder ( say you own its new with stickers, etc)

This may help show the volatility.

f1ad7e4ebed1b2e65844c1be0167ede4.jpg

Hi Guys
Just reading this and was considering an Omega, but looking at the Airkings I do like them, but know nowt about them
Both Mappin & Webb and Goldsmiths are selling the 3131 movement watches for £5150 and Watchfinder hava a 2018 one for sale at £6150 and a 2016 one for £5750
The secondhand and new ones look the same face etc, am I missing something?

Thanks Billy
Having just bought a new 1250 last week, the watch will have to wait

It may be a good buy, but prices are now falling and if you did buy it you may just get your money back in the next week or so.........but the way things are going, give it a month and I think prices will be below Rolex Retail........in six months time the market will be even softer.

If you want it to wear and keep, buy it as it's good to have a Rolex with your name on the "papers" - if you are buying it to make money, you won't make much and now F2F meetings are almost banned, it would be more trouble than it's worth to complete the sale unless you can find someone locally

Rolex SS Sports watches are at least holding up better than OP's which are now seeing bigger falls

just my views from looking at what is now happening

BillN has nailed it.

Second hand prices are softening and in two - four weeks it will be a different market.

Wow, I wish I could hedge against you on this.

Well, it's two months since you offered your advice... this price drop, have i missed it.

Well, it's two months since you offered your advice... this price drop, have i missed it.

I said in 6 months time, BUT yep prices have "softened"

for example, I've seen 16610's go for US$/£ 5,500 to 6,500........plus GMT's at £7k

Have a look at the US site and also the TZ site

Not missed it. I think prices have softened, for various reasons people are selling theirs and prices are offered lowered.

Given the shops haven’t been open, I expect a correction for speculators who get nervous and don’t go ahead when an item comes into stock, grey market buyers that have stock they need to move and possibly reluctance to pay as much as they were paying. possible reduction in the number of buyers, we haven’t seen these thing play through yet.

....but the way things are going, give it a month and I think prices will be below Rolex Retail........in six months time the market will be even softer.

I said in 6 months time, BUT yep prices have "softened"

You said “give it a month” and prices will be below Rolex retail. And that was two and a half months ago. :D The only thing I see being affected is the length of time waiting for a new stainless steel sports model, not the prices.

You said “give it a month” and prices will be below Rolex retail. And that was two and a half months ago. :D The only thing I see being affected is the length of time waiting for a new stainless steel sports model, not the prices.

Not sure if this response is for me or Bill, but I’m referring to second hand / grey market prices.

For new from AD there are reports of better wait lists, availability and some customers paying deposits or in full for collection after lock-down.

A collector friend of mine has just paid for a JC for collection mid June and he joined the list a few months ago. Dealers may discount on some models but for sports SS best development will be availability from AD, discounts from grey markets and fewer crazy asking prices from individuals.

This tread seems to be about investment and not really about watches. I might suggest looking to see where the best rewards for investment are and likely to be at the time you decide to cash in on your investment.

I have a Rolex and Omega *. They were not bought as investments but, a love of fine watches. I wanted something that I find beautiful, not too over the top and probably not even noticed by many as being an expensive watch. In fact, people who are likely to recognize a Rolex would probably see me wearing it, see the way I'm dressed (jeans and T shirt) and think it's a fake.

My watches are not worn as a status cymbal for others to gloat over, it is not my wish to provoke jealousy either. I just ware them because it's what makes me happy.
When I put my jeans and old T shirt on, I like to ware smart, tidy and comfortable underwear. I know that nobody will see it so, I could ware skiddies from a supermarket, nobody would know but, I wouldn't feel so good.

Watches are admired by many and for a lot of different reasons it seems. I have nothing against any of them but, the reason and answer to your question is maybe a little more personal than you imagine. I would first ask yourself "Why do I want this watch and what for?" You obviously have money, to consider purchasing a second Rolex, just because someone told you, if you don't buy it now, you can't buy it. Lets not forget, this is just after buying the one of your choice.

Sir, I suggest, if you want it then buy it. If you want a good investment then ask some of your friends or ask on here what the best investments are at the moment. They are probably not watches.

Sorry if it sounds as though I think I know it all, I most certainly don't but, for such a big investment, I would sleep on it and forget about the pressure the seller is trying to provoke then, buy it :). Never mind investment, you know you want it. :beerjug:.

* Funny how I typed Rolex without a capital R and the computer said NO! I typed in Omega without a capital O and the computer was okay with it.

Not an investment for me. I juts have a few watches and am on a waiting list so informed.

I wouldn’t worry about R in Rolex or o in Omega, I’d be more worried about you using them as Cymbals.

sorry, go to be said !

If interested in investment then the Chrono 24 data may be of interest, here is the sub :

8d10859617f807ce464c453ebaa92dfb.jpg

And the 3 months view..
af12e64a823b27fa97fa289965433fd9.jpg

The band either side is the range and you can see the slight decline .

Apologies for the typos, I seem to have lost the edit facility.

I'm sorry Joe. I didn't pay much attention to my schooling, in fact, I didn't always go. A bit of a shaky upbringing and me preferring to be out on my peddle bike than sitting in school didn't help. I'm quite sure your comprehension of the Queens English is for superior to mine but hey, when it's got to be said, it shouldn't read "Sorry, go to be said" Not sarcastic, all true, I'm thick! :beerjug:

See what you mean about the Edit not working. "For" should read "Far" but, I'm sure you guessed that :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom