Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I send a route from MyRoute on an iPad to the XT?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Cracked it!

As per Berin in #9 via Garmin Drive & Cheney in #11 with the Dutch YouTube vid.

I tried this last night but it all fell apart when I hit ‘export’ in MyRoute - for some reason it didn’t offer Garmin Drive as an export option.

I’ve now simply transferred an existing route from MyRoute to the XT & saved it on the device. Marvellous!

My next adventure is to get Basecamp to recognise the XT on the MacBook...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. There are some issues with the XT and Basecamp, in that it doesn't appear as a device in Finder, but it should work with Basecamp and Express.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    Sumo XT? Is that the Japanese edition?

Yup, he means the Garmin zūmo XT, the new model, released a couple of weeks ago. Like Garry H, you have missed the point that the OP wants to avoid a home computer and use an iPad. He then wants to get his MyRoute generated routes from his iPad to his XT via the there (with help from Bluetooth)..... if indeed that is possible.....
    Not so. I understood exactly that the op wants to transfer from an iPad to his Garmin, I was telling him i had tried last year and couldn't. Post 8/9 looks the way forward now , Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Not so. I understood exactly that the op wants to transfer from an iPad to his Garmin, I was telling him i had tried last year and couldn't. Post 8/9 looks the way forward now , Many thanks
    The XT wsn’t out last year, it was only available from earlier this month.

Th OP was asking if wireless transfer of a route can be done using an iPad into the new XT, not about some attempt last year into an older and different device.

The answer is yes it can, see post #17. A new device and a year of progress, I guess.

Spangle, can you write a simple explanation of exactly what you did to send a route from your iPad to your XT, please. It will save bods dipping about in this thread to find the successful method. I will then cut it out and make it a sticky, alongside the MyRoute thread on how to do it using a PC. Fame and fortune will then be yours..... the man that did the seemingly impossible!

Thanks,

Richard

The XT wsn’t out last year, it was only available from earlier this month.

Th OP was asking if wireless transfer of a route can be done using an iPad into the new XT, not about some attempt last year into an older and different device.

The answer is yes it can, see post #17. A new device and a year of progress, I guess.

You need to get out more mate, take some pictures of London city, the others were half decent ��

I’m going to try this out later. Wish me luck!

Spangle, can you write a simple explanation of exactly what you did to send a route from your iPad to your XT, please. It will save bods dipping about in this thread to find the successful method. I will then cut it out and make it a sticky, alongside the MyRoute thread on how to do it using a PC. Fame and fortune will then be yours..... the man that did the seemingly impossible!

Thanks,

Richard
    No problem, although it was from my iPhone rather than iPad - which is even better if you’re on a long trip.

I’m at work at the moment but will put something together later. I can’t really take credit for it as I only followed suggestions from others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty Duke View Post
    I’m going to try this out later. Wish me luck!
    I feel a long day coming on.....

But if Nutty can pull it off, anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    You need to get out more mate, take some pictures of London city, the others were half decent ��
    I may just do that. Glad you liked the posts in the pub.

I feel a long day coming on.....

But if Nutty can pull it off, anyone can.
    I'm waiting until later, as I need something to look forward to.

How do I send a route from MyRoute on an iPad to the XT?

Ooops

Spangle, with good help from contributors from this thread, has cracked it.

Go to the sticky, here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...iPad-to-the-XT

Thread closed.

Richard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12