New bike day

BDG

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I should have been collecting my new GS today..........not anymore with current virus induced circumstances.

I should be getting mine serviced this weekend. Hope it doesn't hurt me later when one or the services was 14 or 15 months instead of 12.

Surely not, the dealer would take the current crisis into account.
Thinking more of when selling second hand. I know BMW owners are anal and want the service exactly 365 days later if they can.

I was meant to be getting mine tomorrow. That won't be happening.

I luckily got mine serviced last week as I thought this could happen having spent the last few months in Italy!

I said I’d been there (even though I wasn’t anywhere near the closed off area) so they collected the bike, did the service and brought it back! Cool, thanks Cheater Mottorad!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took mine for an MOT, 24k service and a fault on the abs. It was booked 2 months ago. I have a courtesy bike of theirs until work is complete and I'm now worried that things will get locked down so much that I wont be able to return their bike and pick mine up. I'm so grateful they are still working, it keeps me road legal for my work (school for vulnerable kids) On the way (70 miles) I saw so many police cars but none gave me a second look, hope it's the same when I go back.

My bike right now is having its 18K service, end of warranty check and two new tyres:thumby:

Collect it soon !

Think my next service is either July or August, be an annual, never going to be anywhere near the mileage. So hopefully this corona thing will have passed by then. Here's hoping anyway. :blast:D

Think my next service is either July or August, be an annual, never going to be anywhere near the mileage. So hopefully this corona thing will have passed by then. Here's hoping anyway. :blast:D

Im 1600 miles over my warranty mileage:D

My timing was rubbish. Picked the new bike up on Saturday. Didn't ride it over the weekend due other plans. Movement controls Monday night. Dealer closed for the foreseeable on Tuesday (Chandlers Bikes). So I've paid for, taxed and insured a bike, warranty ticking away, all a bit pointless. Ah well. Let's hope the stay at home message gets followed by everyone without the kind of heavy enforcement that's happening in France, Italy and Spain, and we can hopefully get back to some sort of normality by the end of the summer. Fingers crossed...

I hope the manufacturers do the decent thing re warranty periods for those of you whose new bikes are registered but un-collectable.
I feel your pain.

I took mine for an MOT, 24k service and a fault on the abs. It was booked 2 months ago. I have a courtesy bike of theirs until work is complete and I'm now worried that things will get locked down so much that I wont be able to return their bike and pick mine up. I'm so grateful they are still working, it keeps me road legal for my work (school for vulnerable kids) On the way (70 miles) I saw so many police cars but none gave me a second look, hope it's the same when I go back.

Got my bike back on Thursday afternoon, just before the lockdown got serious. I'm so grateful to the lads at Motorrad Central in Dalkeith for working on in the lockdown, this means I'm ready to go once all this is over and avoid the rush this will no doubt cause.
I'm off out to wash it in the sun now and back to work on Monday.

Not a total lockdown. You can use your bike to shop for food or collect prescriptions. Whether you take the long route is up to you.

Yup,depends how much of a selfish prick you are....

Get real, we can go out for a walk or run or cycle for exercise, but pushing your motorcycle out of your garage putting your helmet on, riding for an hour and returning home, not meeting anyone, makes you a selfish prick?? Have a word with yourself.
And the only risk is falling off or being knocked off and then taking up a hospital bed, well I can tell you have fallen of my mountain bike a lot more than my motorcycle.

Do you think you should just sit on the sofa for the next 10 weeks, this is long term and to keep some form of sanity and good mental health continuing safely with your hobby now and again can’t be all bad.

Get real, we can go out for a walk or run or cycle for exercise, but pushing your motorcycle out of your garage putting your helmet on, riding for an hour and returning home, not meeting anyone, makes you a selfish prick?? Have a word with yourself.
And the only risk is falling off or being knocked off and then taking up a hospital bed, well I can tell you have fallen of my mountain bike a lot more than my motorcycle.

Do you think you should just sit on the sofa for the next 10 weeks, this is long term and to keep some form of sanity and good mental health continuing safely with your hobby now and again can’t be all bad.

I totally see where you’re coming from about sanity and mental wellbeing.
Trouble is, if you allow everybody to use their bikes for pleasure then some will come off or get knocked off and they will block a hospital bed.
On top of that ,depending where they live, they may be waiting hours for an ambulance.For example,for the last two days in the UK,the average wait for an ambulance for a life-threatening case has been over an hour-that’s someone who has had a cardiac arrest or similar !!
If you come off your bike and break your leg or similar then you may be waiting hours.If you need that leg pinned under a general anaesthetic then forget it as apparently giving a general anaesthetic to anyone who has the virus will kill 80%,so no GAs being given at present.
Yes, there probably will be some people coming off mountain bikes etc but we all have to be in this together.We have been told we can take exercise so cycling is permitted.
Going out for a jolly on the bike isn’t,so we shouldn’t be doing it,whatever we all may think.
It’s crap, I agree, but why should one person think it’s ok do what the hell he wants and ignore everything ?

Back
Top Bottom