New bike day

I totally see where you’re coming from about sanity and mental wellbeing.
Trouble is, if you allow everybody to use their bikes for pleasure then some will come off or get knocked off and they will block a hospital bed.
On top of that ,depending where they live, they may be waiting hours for an ambulance.For example,for the last two days in the UK,the average wait for an ambulance for a life-threatening case has been over an hour-that’s someone who has had a cardiac arrest or similar !!
If you come off your bike and break your leg or similar then you may be waiting hours.If you need that leg pinned under a general anaesthetic then forget it as apparently giving a general anaesthetic to anyone who has the virus will kill 80%,so no GAs being given at present.
Yes, there probably will be some people coming off mountain bikes etc but we all have to be in this together.We have been told we can take exercise so cycling is permitted.
Going out for a jolly on the bike isn’t,so we shouldn’t be doing it,whatever we all may think.
It’s crap, I agree, but why should one person think it’s ok do what the hell he wants and ignore everything ?

I take your point and so far I have resisted going out for a ride, but I think a bit harsh to refer to a selfish prick if you do and do it as safely as possible and in moderation.

I take your point and so far I have resisted going out for a ride, but I think a bit harsh to refer to a selfish prick if you do and do it as safely as possible and in moderation.

Yes but the point is we shouldn’t be doing it at all. It’s all about pulling together and not being selfish .
Every single hospital bed is needed right now .
A mate got taken out by a dog running across the road last year . Never had an off in over 40 years . Spent a month in hospital . Don’t think you’d get a good reception from that knackered doctor or nurse right now if you end up there .
But some people will always do what they want , such is the world we live in .

I’m with Arsey on this one, I’m still having to work to fill the Oxygen tanks at hospitals which is a lot harder than been sat at home

I’m with Arsey on this one, I’m still having to work to fill the Oxygen tanks at hospitals which is a lot harder than been sat at home

I agree with Arsey as well , this is not the time to dilute the advice given . Stay at home if you can and don’t take risks that would make others suffer .
It is hard , I’m lucky I can still work as I supply parts that are needed in this current climate. So for all you that are at home I take my hat off to you , well done 👍

Thinking more of when selling second hand. I know BMW owners are anal and want the service exactly 365 days later if they can.
If I was selling a bike and a buyer used this crisis, in the future, to try and leverage me down on price....... I wouldn't sell it to him/her, on principle .......they could FRO.
......no matter how desperate I was to shift the bike.

(sorry, mini rant)

from my G8 ThinQ

Not a total lockdown. You can use your bike to shop for food or collect prescriptions. Whether you take the long route is up to you.

Correct, but if the long route is very long then, it might be questioned, but as always, of course it depends upon the actual circumstances - whether you use a car or a motorcycle is really irrelevant.

I don’t have a car, so have to use my bike for essential journeys - as the shops are walkable from my office then I can't really justify using the bike for shopping, but I have to use it for the 15 miles or so from home to office - It is not possible to work from home, so that’s allowed.

I am permitted to and will be checking on my elderly father and bringing him basic supplies every 3 or 4 days (he is under instruction to cocoon) as he is over 70. It's a 60km round trip, I'll have to do it in my car or on my bike.
Considering all the PPE I'll be wearing going into the shop for him.......I'll be going on my bike.
It's motorway/urban journey......in no way would I consider it a jolly or a hoon.

from my G8 ThinQ

I am permitted to and will be checking on my elderly father and bringing him basic supplies every 3 or 4 days (he is under instruction to cocoon) as he is over 70. It's a 60km round trip, I'll have to do it in my car or on my bike.
Considering all the PPE I'll be wearing going into the shop for him.......I'll be going on my bike.
It's motorway/urban journey......in no way would I consider it a jolly or a hoon.

from my G8 ThinQ

That seems entirely reasonable, the mode of transport is irrelevant - I will get slagged off for saying so by a few oddballs on here, but as long as you are obeying both the letter and spirit of the rules it’s ok.

Correct, but if the long route is very long then, it might be questioned, but as always, of course it depends upon the actual circumstances - whether you use a car or a motorcycle is really irrelevant.

I don’t have a car, so have to use my bike for essential journeys - as the shops are walkable from my office then I can't really justify using the bike for shopping, but I have to use it for the 15 miles or so from home to office - It is not possible to work from home, so that’s allowed.

You said the other day that you were working from home. Even took a picture of your desk. :nenau

You said the other day that you were working from home. Even took a picture of your desk. :nenau

It is no longer possible for me work from home - 3D EM simulations on the remote server require a very high speed broadband connection, not yet available out in the sticks, trying to find a way of doing it but not yet possible. Chip design and everything that goes with it requires very high speed links, it’s causing issues for a number of us from home.

I don't care about your stupid "new bike days".....it's meant to be "new puppy day" for us over Easter Weekend - involving 230 miles each way to Welshpool.

Sadly, I can't see it happening. Looks like we are going to miss out on a few weeks of new puppy time - which any fule kno is even better than new bike time.

I don't care about your stupid "new bike days".....it's meant to be "new puppy day" for us over Easter Weekend - involving 230 miles each way to Welshpool.

Sadly, I can't see it happening. Looks like we are going to miss out on a few weeks of new puppy time - which any fule kno is even better than new bike time.

Some over zealous police were trying to stop the selling of Easter eggs FFS - the slippery slope to a fascist police state is easy to reach unless good men protest.

Sorry about you lack of puppies this Easter.

I see the police have to told use some consistency and common sense now in policing the lockdown -if they don’t keep the public onside they will lose all respect.

Not sure that will work, as you’re very consistent but lost any respect on here years ago...

Back
Top Bottom