Hard case, is one available?

Opened up, just in case someone finds other sources of suitable hard cases.

I guess that if the XP is the same (or of pretty similar) dimensions as other Garmin devices, or anything else brick like, then it'll fit in other cases, too.

Garmin have this on their site:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/1...m_source=garminTransactional&utm_medium=email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Bounce, that is the incorrect part, that is for the 595LM. (May fit the XT?)

This is the correct part, unfortunately they are quoting 5-8 week delivery https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/pn/010-12953-02

The best bet is to get it from FC moto as the other gentleman stated, mine arrived in about 3 days, although you pay about £7.00 for postage.

Last edited:
I just clicked the link on the e mail Garmin sent me after registering my XT....if it’s the wrong one then Garmin need to update their site

:tears..

So ordered a cheap one 4 now.
Just to keep it safe...

But larger, but fine 4 the time being..

XT in its cheapo case...

Attachments

• 20200416_184726.jpg
    20200416_184726.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 433
  • 20200416_184742.jpg
    20200416_184742.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 404
As i have had a new 660 hard case hanging about for years i gave it a go and the XT is a nice snug fit in it :thumb2

I tried squeezing my XT in a 660 case, although I managed to close it it was a VERY snug fit & was worried about the screen getting marked

I tried squeezing my XT in a 660 case, although I managed to close it it was a VERY snug fit & was worried about the screen getting marked

I really don't see how that can happen as no part of the case actually touches the screen.

Having just ordered an XT I've been looking at getting a case for it.

I've already got one which might fit, but still waiting for delivery.

I found a link to two 'cheap' cases on eBay on some other forum. According to them the 6" case will fit the XT in the netting part as per Ash's excellent illustration above (I think it's the same case).

However there's also a 5" version which apparently will hold the XT but only in the bit with the elastic strap on it (I'm guessing the netting won't stretch out enough to slide it in that half)

Might provide a more snug fit than the 6"

If my existing case (from some old bluetooth headphones) doesn't fit the XT then I might get a 5" 'el cheapo' and post it up here for review.

Back
Top Bottom