Abba Skylift rear strap help/request

the woodster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Due to the 'situation' I have decided to do a bit of work to the GS but haven't used the Skylift for so long, I can't for the life of me remember the fitting of the rear strap that pulls the rear wheel down when lifting horizontally and in the wheelie position.

The written instructions are just daft. Pictures on the website are better but still not clear. I can of course give it a go but thought I'd make a request of a fellow owner first.

If anyone has or could take a picture of it with the bike on the lift in the horizontal position I would be very grateful. A picture of the strap laid out on the ground as though you were about to slip it onto the rear wheel bobbin and stand bobbin would render me speechless with gratitude.

Thanks for much guys. :thumb2:thumb2

Line the stand up and secure it with the adapters fitted to the swing arm bolts with the front 2 black bars also fitted to the stand.

Lay the red metal bar that goes in to the back of the lift, and runs parallel to the drive shaft, on the ground and align the bobbin that the strap fixes to underneath the rear foot peg. You might have to rotate the bar 180 degrees to get the bobbin underneath the peg rather than being offset. I do this rather than the wheel bobbin as I have the infill discs in the rear hub.

Insert the bar in the lift and tighten the bolt holding it in. Then put the ratchet strap around the bobbin and the foot peg and tighten as much as you can. Voila, stand ready for use, after making sure the release knurled valve has been fully tightened since you last used it..

the wheel position is the strap from the bobin to the attachment on the actual frame of the sky lift

The horizontal is the red bar fixed in place and strap onto that

Never heard of or seen the over the foot peg version but if it works go for it

Skylift website has useful videos

Gents,

Thank you for your replies. It's only the strap I'm struggling with. I know the mounting points etc. but not how the strap orients to create two loops, a small and a large that uses the buckle to stop the strap slipping when lifting.

Actually guys, I think I can work with the view on the videos. Good suggestion. Should have thought of it myself but got fixated on my instruction manual. Thanks very much.

Just taken a few shots as mines on it now . Pm me you email or phone and I can send the photos

6751ecf9c4b3136bf272f3dcde0901fb.jpg

Same set up just different bike, make sure you put the second grip on the strap to stop it slipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to the 'situation' I have decided to do a bit of work to the GS but haven't used the Skylift for so long, I can't for the life of me remember the fitting of the rear strap that pulls the rear wheel down when lifting horizontally and in the wheelie position.

The written instructions are just daft. Pictures on the website are better but still not clear. I can of course give it a go but thought I'd make a request of a fellow owner first.

If anyone has or could take a picture of it with the bike on the lift in the horizontal position I would be very grateful. A picture of the strap laid out on the ground as though you were about to slip it onto the rear wheel bobbin and stand bobbin would render me speechless with gratitude.

Thanks for much guys. :thumb2:thumb2

Bit late; but here you go; that's also the strap i use for my roll bag; it's easier to use than the Abba one.:beerjug:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200327-142450.jpg
    Screenshot_20200327-142450.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 329
Bit late; but here you go; that's also the strap i use for my roll bag; it's easier to use than the Abba one.:beerjug:

Agreed the Abba Skylift strap is a pish poor, a wratchet strap is much better.

Back
Top Bottom