YTX14-BS Atom gel battery ........ any good???

holla916

Reaction score
Hi all, My 2010 GSA let me down yesterday after filling up with fuel on the way back from work. I pressed the start button and it slowly turned over ........ but rather than firing up like it has done recently ........... it died 😢
Called the AA out and they were there within 20 mins and put a booster pack on it and it fired up. He checked the alternator output and this was fine ........ so the battery is dead! It has been on an optimate for the best part of 2 years and only used a handful of times in that period but it looks like the original one so it’s not done a bad job lasting 10 years
I was looking at batteries to replace it with and there’s so many to choose from ranging from the Atom YTX-14 gel battery that’s guaranteed for 2 years for £35 up to the £120 mark
Anyone fitted this Atom battery and if so what are your thoughts?
I was going to get a Motobat one for around the £50 mark but then I saw this one
Your thoughts please
Thanks

Get the 16HD version of the Motobatt
You won't be disappointed.

from my G8 ThinQ

The usual adage applies... buy cheap buy twice.

Motobatt in my GSA. It’s good but it’s smaller than standard so needs a bit of packing underneath. Otherwise get a Yuasa.

I bought a Yuasa YTZ14S for my 1290 SA-T. It was circa £100 IIRC.....not cheap, but it's superb.

bugger,

your too far away, i have a brand spankers odyssey battery sitting in the corner lol

Thanks all, I opted for a Yuasa YTZ14S . with an online offer I’ve got one coming for £77 inc postage. The old one was the original one, it had a Yuasa charge date of 2009 on it so I can’t really grumble that’s its only lasted 11 years

Back
Top Bottom