Time off

Bubb

Dogsbody
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, I was sent home from work on Tuesday, with them not expecting me back til Monday coming.

So, after doing my bit in the garden (weeding, followed by creating a new flower bed from part of the lawn, and edging it) I was left with a bit of time on my hands.

So the R80ST got some attention; I have removed the exhaust (Siebenrock SG2 stainless system) and given it a good clean and a polish.
Sadly I did not get time after my garage was re-built to buy a polishing machine for the bench, so had to do the exhaust the old fashioned way:
Autosol and wire wool, followed by a soft rag and a bit more autosol.

Ive just put it all back together, and it looks far better than it did.
Also changed the ST footpegs for some gs ones I had in a box (I think they were actually 1150gs ones....but they fitted.)

Now I just need to wait til Monday for a ride (to work only, sadly)

Stay safe

Bubb

I found the best way to polish up my stainless exhaust was an angle gringer with a felt flap wheel. Used the polishing bars normally used on bench polishers. All worked a treat with no very little effort, wished I found this out a few years ago.

Thanks warmshed....
I have an angle grinder somewhere, so will order some polishing mops and bars.....wish I had thought of that before.

Back
Top Bottom