1250 Spare Key

Njw1967

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much a spare key fob is for a 1250 ?
Was thinking of getting one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I picked up my 1200GSA I asked if I got 2 keys with it and he chuckled like only a BMW salesman can and said they were circa £250 for a replacement.

When I picked up my 1200GSA I asked if I got 2 keys with it and he chuckled like only a BMW salesman can and said they were circa £250 for a replacement.

Ohh £250 thats a bit cheeky isn’t it

If it’s just for your luggage, so no transponder or whatever it is there are plenty of places to get them, I bought two for mine using key 2 code.

On the spare plastic key there is a white label with a barcode on it, there is also above that is a single letter followed by a four digit code. That is the code you need.

I’ve no idea how long it’s taking in the present situation, but mine were a couple of days.

I think I paid £14.99

I assume you are talking about the flick key? I bought a spare for luggage etc as the flick key is pretty flimsy.

Here’s mine. The expensive one at the top!

Attachments

• 00E664E0-E3BA-4084-921F-13A16DCB5A36.jpg
    00E664E0-E3BA-4084-921F-13A16DCB5A36.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 496
Here’s mine. The expensive one at the top!

Thats it same as mine
I have seen a few advertised on here before second hand are they easy to code to the bike or is it a main stealer job ?

Out of interest, why do you want a spare flick key? I carry the plastic emergency key in my wallet which has the transponder in it in case I lose the flick key.

Out of interest, why do you want a spare flick key? I carry the plastic emergency key in my wallet which has the transponder in it in case I lose the flick key.

Call me old fashioned but when ever you buy a vehicle in the past you two get fobs thats all.
My BMW car has two, my Nissan Navara has two.

Agreed, but that’s normally to allow for cars being used by more than one person I suspect. Most bikes only have one rider, aka a single fob and an emergency key.

£98 for my 1250RT, which they couldn't get to work as it needs programming. So I gave it back and got my money back

I'm in the same situation as you njw1967 and have just bought a used fob for £35 from a fellow tosser. The blade can be purchased from the BMW stealer for £12 and comes with two pins (one spare) to enable you to replace the blade in the fob. Dealer quoted me £20-25 for recoding, so overall cost £70 ish. Perhaps you could do similar and place a wanted ad on here.

I'm in the same situation as you njw1967 and have just bought a used fob for £35 from a fellow tosser. The blade can be purchased from the BMW stealer for £12 and comes with two pins (one spare) to enable you to replace the blade in the fob. Dealer quoted me £20-25 for recoding, so overall cost £70 ish. Perhaps you could do similar and place a wanted ad on here.

Sounds Like a plan

I was quoted £150 from stealer, and a two week wait, as it had to come from mothership. But i bought a key from key2code for £13.99 i think it was. Because the bike is keyless there is no need to use the expensive one, i just use the cheapo job for panniers etc.

I was quoted £150 from stealer, and a two week wait, as it had to come from mothership. But i bought a key from key2code for £13.99 i think it was. Because the bike is keyless there is no need to use the expensive one, i just use the cheapo job for panniers etc.

Delboy
£150 is a bit more palatable than £250 I may send Nick a message
@ Cotswold Motorrad as he’s usually very keen on prices with forum members and he should be able to supply with the blade cut to my key number

Delboy
£150 is a bit more palatable than £250 I may send Nick a message
@ Cotswold Motorrad as he’s usually very keen on prices with forum members and he should be able to supply with the blade cut to my key number

TBH i wouldnt bother with the main key, if your keyless just buy a cheapo at £14 and your good to go. Keep the plastic spare in your wallet or whatever and thats all you need really. Think the stealer will need the V5 and your licence as proof of ownership of the bike before they order, mine did anyway.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom