Any good bike mounted kit under £100?

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been reading a few reviews but they are all based on £250 systems which I don't want.
Is there anything under the £100 mark that works well?
Front camera and maybe back
Not bothered about on board replay so long as its on the card for the computer
And maybe one that turns its self on and off so you don't have to remember to start it going??

Any thought?

Sorry but while i was researching this subject i came to the conclusion that the best one was the K2 from Innovv. Im inclined to believe you get what you pay for, and having looked at a lot of reviews on lots of different systems i decided to bite the bullet and spend the dosh and get the best withinn my budget. Maybe i didnt read all the reviews out there on everything but im happy with the decision i made. GLWYS

Sorry but while i was researching this subject i came to the conclusion that the best one was the K2 from Innovv. Im inclined to believe you get what you pay for, and having looked at a lot of reviews on lots of different systems i decided to bite the bullet and spend the dosh and get the best withinn my budget. Maybe i didnt read all the reviews out there on everything but im happy with the decision i made. GLWYS

Had a K2 before, but the picture quality was very poor... and they didn't want to know which put me off a lot!... so thought there may be something cheaper?.. Maybe not but won't buy another K2 for sure :( Glad yours is working okay :)

I’ve got a Campark camera £35 fitted on the front. Driving mode option, with usb lead, so starts when bike switched on. Footage is acceptable as it’s only really there for the incase scenario.
If I was going to do the video blogs like some on here, I would spend more.

Had a K2 before, but the picture quality was very poor... and they didn't want to know which put me off a lot!... so thought there may be something cheaper?.. Maybe not but won't buy another K2 for sure :( Glad yours is working okay :)

Mmm well thats a mute point atm, since i fitted it the bike's not been out. Im basing my comments on the reviews i read, and not from the Innovv site. Lots of vids on utube and most seem very happy with it. :nenau So if i ever get out to try it i will post my thoughts. :D

I'm sure it will be fine... It's just me :yelrotflm if there is a Friday afternoon one, I'll get it !!

I’ve got a Campark camera £35 fitted on the front. Driving mode option, with usb lead, so starts when bike switched on. Footage is acceptable as it’s only really there for the incase scenario.
If I was going to do the video blogs like some on here, I would spend more.

Campark do get good reviews... is yours the 74 or 76? do you find its waterprofe?... was actualy looking at these before ;)

was thinking GoPro hero 6... you can pick them up for £75 but not sure if you can use them as a dashcam?

The k2 is designed to run at 1080p 30fps. It is more than acceptable for capturing decent footage for use in an accident.

I prefer higher quality for creating videos for trips and prefer 1080p 60fps or higher. Go pro is my choice

Although resolution and frame rate are important, video compression is another.
K2 is adequate. A little expensive but remember you have 2 cameras.

As others have said you get what you pay for and with the k2 I got what I paid for.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Campark do get good reviews... is yours the 74 or 76? do you find its waterprofe?... was actualy looking at these before ;)

was thinking GoPro hero 6... you can pick them up for £75 but not sure if you can use them as a dashcam?
Hi Beaver,
I have the Xtreme I+ 4K HD
I have it mounted in the water proof case with a hole drilled in the side just big enough for the usb lead to plug in. I have been through some biblical rain and it works perfectly.

Hi Beaver,
I have the Xtreme I+ 4K HD
I have it mounted in the water proof case with a hole drilled in the side just big enough for the usb lead to plug in. I have been through some biblical rain and it works perfectly.

okay, thanks.. will take a look

I have an Innovv K2 and so do 3 of my riding buddies. The units have been very reliable and we’ve shared our near misses. A GoPro would be my choice for recording trips, but having a waterproof dash cam on the bikes does give some peace of mind. We share the same passcode so if the worst happens, one of us can check the camera.

Www.innovv.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

+1 for the K2. Great bit of kit. My main unit failed - quick email exchange and it was swapped nice and quick with lots of apologies etc, faultless since then. Mine is for worse case scenario of an accident or twats that nearly cause worse case - so at least the missus can get the wanker if I’m gone ! However, nice to take footage off there and look through if been somewhere interesting and not just the daily commute. Fit and forget was key for me.

Before this I did have a GoPro type camera - SJCAM, with a holder that fitted onto the front indicator - hard wired power to the aux socket in the dash, starts recording when start bike. Nice big SD card in there that auto loops when full.

Still got the camera hangers, camera case and a new power lead for sale on here somewhere. Just need the camera (might be tempted to sell that also).

The K2 is the one to go for if you can spare the cash though.

Back
Top Bottom