lower footage recommendations please..

Urban Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As the title states, for those of you that have lowered your footpegs what works best? I've looked at Wunderlich, SW Motech and the like. I'd like to get them lowered by at least 20mm so any advice is welcomed.. :thumb2

As the title states, for those of you that have lowered your footpegs what works best? I've looked at Wunderlich, SW Motech and the like. I'd like to get them lowered by at least 20mm so any advice is welcomed.. :thumb2

https://www.nippynormans.com/r-nine...tpeg-lowering-r1200r-to-2014-r-nine-t-to-2016

I went with the above from Nippy Norman. Quality kit and easy to fit. I can take an image of them on my bike if you like so as to demonstrate the difference.

I am a ball-hair over 6ft with a 32” inside leg and the little 9T is perfect now for leg / knee comfort.

2020 R9T

I have just fitted MV Motorrad Technik rider's footrest lowering kit | ACA07927. A quality kit however once fitted the side stand on being raised struck the lowering plate so I had to cut of the bottom bit of the lowering plate. Also the rear brake reservoir needed to be lowered which meant drilling another hole in the frame lug- not a big job. Easy enough to fit the kit. Not tried it out yet due to circumstances beyond my control !! Would I buy it again ???not sure. Motor works BMW were very very good to deal with rapid delivery.

I've lowered mine by 20 with wunderlich brackets and fitted rizoma 'street' pegs and find it more comfortable.

The Gilles pegs are very nice, I had them on my last few bikes.

I bought the wunderlich ones on here a while ago,
took them on a long trip [2200 miles] in case i had comfort issues , never got round to fitting them to my 2018 r 9 t,
the 2017 onwards silver kit fits the urban gs etc as well, they do get good reviews on NN,
pm me if you decide on the wunderlich ones,

Buy an R1200RS.

I wanted to like the R9T but found it far too uncomfortable due to knee & hip angles.

I bought the wunderlich ones on here a while ago,
took them on a long trip [2200 miles] in case i had comfort issues , never got round to fitting them to my 2018 r 9 t,
the 2017 onwards silver kit fits the urban gs etc as well, they do get good reviews on NN,
pm me if you decide on the wunderlich ones,

Thanks Roamer, PM sent..

Buy an R1200RS.

I wanted to like the R9T but found it far too uncomfortable due to knee & hip angles.

No thanks, I’ve had x2 RnineT’s (classic and now urban) and love it. Just wanted to lower the foot pegs a little... I’d probably get rid of my 1250GS Rallye before the 9T goes....

Back
Top Bottom