New 2 me R9t (Urban GS)

Ratty Jon

Reaction score
Took my 19 plate 1250GSTe exclusive in for service, those Bxxxxrds at the dealership gave me an Urban GS as a loan bike. 1 week later chopped the GS 1250 in. It’s a good bike but I just couldn’t gel with it. Very efficient but had no desire to take it out, instantly forgettable in my eyes. Picked up a 2nd hand Urban GS x with 65 miles (dealer registered) on it for a few grand cheaper than buying new. Reduced my monthly outgoings (a lot). Came shod with the Conti tkc 80s. Will prob change to more road based tyres in due course. Had the cradle fitted for my nav6. Got it home and courtesy of NN fitted a bit of mudsling and cyl head cover protection.

Looking at luggage options for the future, I travel light tbh. Can normally get 2 weeks kit in a roll bag, kriega rucksack and Givi tank lock tank bag

Buy a GS bash plate.... I have one available by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely bikes - had the Scrambler version almost 3 years now and still loving it.

Luggage - get a rear rack - Unit Garage and others do them along with SW Motech side panniers/BMW's version of the same thing. BMW's Tank bag is also quite good.

Best improvement is a new rear shock - I went for Wilbers.

Rain/Spray protection is poor - putting a rear crud catcher off the old Hexhead GS's stops your back getting covered in crap. I also went for a fender extender and Puig hugger.

Protection wise - I added the BMW bash plate and a front crud catcher.

I also added the optional rev counter as F8GS did me a deal on his old one :D

Enjoy it - they are IMO a great bike :beerjug:

I have a full set of SW Motech legend pannier bags and frames if you're interested.

PM me if at all useful.

Cheers.

I agree with PaulS. Rear shock makes a big difference. I have the Wilbers 642.

I may end up buying a Wilbers but will see how many miles I actually put on mine before I decide, tis a second bike for me and given I'm not getting to use my first it's not getting many miles this year that's for sure. :blast

Love my UG/S, went for a Wilbers unit on mine and it completely changed the bike.. Amazing how much a difference it makes. I’ve also added a load of Wunderlich goodies (crash bars, hand guards, rear fender, bar risers) Rizoma club indicators on the back and Rizoma bar end mirrors... Looking to lower the foot pegs now as well as fitting a rear rack and maybe some panniers... I want to see if I can realistically take it on a camping trip. I was due to be going to France end of May/Jun but that’s now been canx so will wait till all this covid-19 is over then try again....

Buy a GS bash plate.... I have one available by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, can I have some more details, please? condition?, complete with fittings? and how much?, cheers
Craig

Had mine out today, essential journey you understand ;) probably the first time I'd actually enjoyed it, though it is the first time I've ridden it about 6 degrees in temp. :blast

Back
Top Bottom