halfpint

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
been in again for brakes and second set of cush drive rubbers . bikes running well so far 7k on the clock without any breakdowns . cheap and cheerful so far . travelled 100 miles on road sat at 75 mph 68 mpg so far so good, shame no trip to sweden .

I've had the letter for the second recall on the brake calipers but since the last ones only went on late last year I think that'll wait until later this year ... Assuming we're allowed out on the roads again in 2020. They are tough little bikes and mine still makes me smile ... I wish you good health to enjoy your rescheduled trip to Sweden when a semblance of freedom of movement returns.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

been in again for brakes and second set of cush drive rubbers . bikes running well so far 7k on the clock without any breakdowns . cheap and cheerful so far . travelled 100 miles on road sat at 75 mph 68 mpg so far so good, shame no trip to sweden .

On its third set of brakes in 7k? If they weren't dragging you'd be getting 100mpg

Why is it when we're all trying to make vehicles as economical as possible, GS' chew rear brake pads. That's a huge amount of completely wasted energy.

I maybe wrongly assumed the OP's comment on brakes was the recall. I'm on my original pads fore and aft but only done about 9k miles in total.
I think the secret was I bought spares for my trip ... which of course meant I carried them everywhere and didn't use them.

YMMV.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

same set of pads , bike is ok recall for brakes no real complaints . bombay motor works !

Back
Top Bottom