Had the polish out

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had time on my hands so took the CS out of storage, changed fuel and fired her up, followed by a dusting down and polish.

That is proper clean :eek: Lovely job ..well done Sir :)

You've kept that in incredible condition Mark. Must be a lovely thing to ride.

Never ridden it. I bought it purely as an investment as I figured that with so many airheads being butchered to make, in the main, shocking hideous pieces of shite, the values of top notch stock bikes will inevitably rise considerably. I think the plan is already working.

Impressive.

I bought it purely as an investment as I figured that with so many airheads being butchered to make, in the main, shocking hideous pieces of shite, the values of top notch stock bikes will inevitably rise considerably.

:okay

I had one of these briefly new in 1980. It was a lovely bike but not fully appreciated by me at the time and I wanted a LeMans. Your’s is in remarkable condition and I’m sure it’s very worthy saving it from the hands of the butchers but it really does need to be ridden. I wouldn’t be able to resist riding it although I might not be so thorough on the cleaning front.

A nicer bike to live with than the RS. I had both at the same time. The RS was awkward to manoever around in a tight space, those fairing boots and it seemed much heavier with the short bars. My CS was an ex Police, special branch bike. Used for covert surveillance. I did 1/10th of your mileage on mine in 2 days! Up to my sister on north of Skye and back, in monsoon -like rain. :thumby: Bloody marvellous bike.

Fair play for following your plan; but that makes me a little bit sad :nenau

I know what you mean but I have a few others I do ride, including the RB. All the ‘on the road’ costs add up when you have several. My little CB175 is already historic class. In two years this and the RB will. If I still own it by then I may well ride it occasionally. Knowing me I will have sold it by then though. Got a bit of a hankering for another Guzzi to be honest, particularly with it being their Centenary on my birthday next year.

Lovely bike Mark. Many years ago it was a 100CS fitted with Krauser heads (if memory serves) that made me realise that BMs weren't all a pile of sluggish shite.

Back
Top Bottom