Header Pipe Stuck

Maverickfb

Reaction score
So I'm trying to take the down PIPE header pipe off so I can clean up put nee gaskets on the and put it back on, it's so solid stuck in the cylinder head just wont budge 2004 r1200gs stock header all but n bolts removed, rear can removed

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Stupid question probably. If I remember correctly before I decatted mine I think there was a bolt somewhere near the cat that bolted to the frame. You have removed that?

Stupid question probably. If I remember correctly before I decatted mine I think there was a bolt somewhere near the cat that bolted to the frame. You have removed that?

IIRC, there is no Centre Bolt as such, just a Hanger with a Rubber Bush.
My guess is that it's just held tight with Carbon Build-up.
Try tapping it gently back and forth with a Rubber Mallet.

You need an airhead exhaust spanner. It has a half circle section you place in the bend on the downpipe and then hit with heavy hammer (not a lightweight toffee hammer with a claw that you use to knock nails in, but a proper mans hammer), job done.

yeap removed, in fact it can be pull downwards

You need an airhead exhaust spanner. It has a half circle section you place in the bend on the downpipe and then hit with heavy hammer (not a lightweight toffee hammer with a claw that you use to knock nails in, but a proper mans hammer), job done.
use on of these ?
be5c5d504aaf7133e0b702a5e1447c35.jpg

IIRC, there is no Centre Bolt as such, just a Hanger with a Rubber Bush.
My guess is that it's just held tight with Carbon Build-up.
Try tapping it gently back and forth with a Rubber Mallet.

Thanks it was so long ago I couldn't remember exactly how it fitted. Knew there was something there though

Back
Top Bottom