890 Duke R

It's got a bit more power than the 790, 6 axis thingy, quality suspension and sharp geometry.

It sounds a cracking bike.

I'm very happy with my 790 and its performance on the road, so I guess this is only going to be better. I think the brakes and suspension package is the biggest gain, if I've got one complaint of mine its there. (But take into account it was only £7,999).

The 790's brakes are ok, but just ... ok. They are no where near something like the BM S1000R brakes for example ... (which are just superb ... ).

The 790's brakes are ok, but just ... ok. They are no where near something like the BM S1000R brakes for example ... (which are just superb ... ).

I had a 790 Duke which was a fantastic bike and everything it was supposed to be. However, whenever I rode it I did so as if I'd stolen it and did't realy enjoy doing which I still don't understand why.

The 890R will be much better and I believe outshine the 1290 apart from on a track

What are you using the brakes for?! :D

Because I have moved on from 1980 'Oh he's a lovely rider - you never see him brake'

(Theatre cue Brmm Brmmmmmm BRMMMMMMMMMMMMM of gears and bouncing tappets in a desperate attempt to slow the bike down as we approach a 90 degree corner - heaven forbid we show a brake light....)

;)

GT Version and it would be an ideal bike "for the Mrs", although it depends on leg room, might be a bit cramped for long rides anyway.

Seems KTM only build bikes for people over 6'6 or under 5'6.

Because I have moved on from 1980 'Oh he's a lovely rider - you never see him brake'

(Theatre cue Brmm Brmmmmmm BRMMMMMMMMMMMMM of gears and bouncing tappets in a desperate attempt to slow the bike down as we approach a 90 degree corner - heaven forbid we show a brake light....)

;)

:D :beerjug:

It sounds a cracking bike.

I'm very happy with my 790 and its performance on the road, so I guess this is only going to be better. I think the brakes and suspension package is the biggest gain, if I've got one complaint of mine its there. (But take into account it was only £7,999).

In typical KTM fashion a new 790 Duke is a sub £7000 bike now :blast

Hey, I’m happy ! I got £800 worth of parts as a promo at their launch ...!

Probably best Giles doesn’t sample the new beastie...

e14aee4b7ce096225591508ec8137055.jpg

4d6c3bd697a7a60451b8023c9e533fc4.jpg

I changed to Brembo sintered pads and Powerparts wave disks on my 790. Much better now and much closer to the S1000R brakes (I owned one for two years).

May install a 19RCS Corsa Corta one day but current feeling is I don't need it.

Love the bike but finding KTM build quality fairly average. Although, I recently rode the 2020 SDR which seemed a lot more premium as you would expect.

The 890 seems to be the perfect bike for me though

First dealer that gives me a decent trade in on my VFR 800 vtec and I'll have the 890.
Garage is such it is one in, one out now, otherwise would have kept the VFR which is a pleasure to ride.

I had a 790 Duke which was a fantastic bike and everything it was supposed to be. However, whenever I rode it I did so as if I'd stolen it

Exactly how I felt riding one today, took me back to when I had my Tuono's, just thrashed the life out of it, be rude not to.

Back
Top Bottom