Another bike lift question

Spud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've done a search and all the posts seem to be quite old now, and most talk of ramps....

So, I need a lift that can lift my 1150gs, with access to oil filter/ sump plug etc for servicing. But I don't have room for a ramp or anywhere to store it and I have limited headroom in my garage,

So, I'm looking for a lift suitable for the above, also for lifting an old z650, an LC1200 GS and a 1967 B40 BSA. Needs to be pretty compact, and easy to store (leant against a wall or small enough to "lose" in a corner etc.)

Any advice gratefully accepted
Cheers

leave it where it is - i have a Machine Mart bike ramp - absolutely superb - you can go as high as you want - goes up in small increments - either leave the bike on it or drive your car over the top of it when not in use - goes up about 790mm i think - no more grovelling around on the floor cleaning the bike LOL

Big blue is good but I found the bar gets in the way a bit. The Abba sky lift is a good but if kit but pricy, but I use the skylift much more than I ever used the big blue.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZkorO-oCYE4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2UCERjwlp8Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gqdh7neMimk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:beerjug:

leave it where it is - i have a Machine Mart bike ramp - absolutely superb - you can go as high as you want - goes up in small increments - either leave the bike on it or drive your car over the top of it when not in use - goes up about 790mm i think - no more grovelling around on the floor cleaning the bike LOL

My trouble with a big ramp is having more than one bike in the garage and wanting access to them, the ramp would be in the way and restrict access to the ones behind it. Hence wanting a small easily stored one. I'd LOVE a proper big ramp one, believe me :)

I have two bikes, and a ramp and a work bench and...........

Plenty of room in a single garage because.....

Attachments

• AE2F9AF1-8E8B-46F3-8E1E-0E956451C180.jpg
    AE2F9AF1-8E8B-46F3-8E1E-0E956451C180.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 288
You just need to apply a bit of imagination and organisation.....

Simples...

Attachments

• 8C2A88C3-115C-4CDD-B51F-7D9968772977.jpg
    8C2A88C3-115C-4CDD-B51F-7D9968772977.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 311
I have the Sealey
normal_sealey%20k12.jpg

Really please with it. I just park my F650GS on the platform when not in use...That way it doesn't take up too much garage space. It's rated at something like 400kg, so really solid with my K1200 (as above) or my 1200GS on it. Very solid. So mice to work at a height rather than grovelling around on your knees to change oil, brake pads etc.

One good thing about the Sealey is that it's "scissor" so it elevates within it's own footprint.

Some are a parallelogram lifting method so they take up more room when being raised up

Sky lift is the answer

Brilliant bit of kit with the ability to move the bike round when its up in the air and of course the different angles of lift make it easy to get at bits

I did have a bench type lift sunk into the garage floor but i hardly ever used it and it has been passed on to someone who will

I use the sky lift a lot mainly for cleaning purposes

Sky lift is the answer

Brilliant bit of kit with the ability to move the bike round when its up in the air and of course the different angles of lift make it easy to get at bits

I did have a bench type lift sunk into the garage floor but i hardly ever used it and it has been passed on to someone who will

I use the sky lift a lot mainly for cleaning purposes

Got a pic?

That is one very tidy garage sir. But with two very new looking bikes i imagine there is not a lot to do in there?

Thanks! It wasn’t always like that, but having the bikes sat on trollies makes the world of difference. I can move them around with ease and can park them both across wise to free up more space if needed.

Back
Top Bottom