Final drive torque settings

Tinytim

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I only have a Haynes manual which isn't the best. So a few questions please if anyone can help.

Just got a new final drive inner cover oil ring ( the big thin one!) to fit but can't find the torque settings for the 7mm Allen caps.

Also renewing the torque arm rubber bushes. Any tips on fitting the bush to the bevel box? ( I've done the front one )

Is there a proper BMW workshop manual in whatever form, available? The Haynes one is probably the worst manual for a particular model that I have seen.

Thanks in anticipation :thumb2

( Such a shame Steptoe's tutorials have lost all the photos. )

If the oil seal you're speaking of is the large one that is visible when the wheel it's off then if I remember correctly you don't need to take off the main cover (the one with the 7mm Allen bolts - which I think are 11Nm?). Just hike ot the old one with a seal puller push in the new one.

Not sure about the rubber Bush in the FD casing. Someone will be along with the answer

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

If the oil seal you're speaking of is the large one that is visible when the wheel it's off then if I remember correctly you don't need to take off the main cover (the one with the 7mm Allen bolts - which I think are 11Nm?). Just hike ot the old one with a seal puller push in the new one.

Not sure about the rubber Bush in the FD casing. Someone will be along with the answer .

He’s talking about the thin rubber o ring that’s used inbetween the cover and the Final drive case.

He’s talking about the thin rubber o ring that’s used inbetween the cover and the Final drive case.
Ahhhh. O-ring was the missing magic word

I was wrong it seems on that 7mm alien torque value. Looking at that manual it seems they're 35Nm...

Back
Top Bottom