Alternative screen for 1200GS Adventure

My bike isn’t as clean, but it hopefully gives some perspective. Additional support is essential.

Attachments

• 0D83492C-3A25-45D0-9012-FC4F38823EDF.jpg
    0D83492C-3A25-45D0-9012-FC4F38823EDF.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 259
  • B017F018-3783-4492-872D-413A37832487.jpg
    B017F018-3783-4492-872D-413A37832487.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 248
  • ECBBF0C7-9921-4B9F-B316-3DF1F39D9A2B.jpg
    ECBBF0C7-9921-4B9F-B316-3DF1F39D9A2B.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 267
  • DAB6B1AC-76E1-4E84-A081-168CC81D702D.jpg
    DAB6B1AC-76E1-4E84-A081-168CC81D702D.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 242
Honestly my bike isnt that clean either. Those pics were taken when there was about 50 miles on the clock, its never been washed since :eek::D

When the OP has said he's 6 foot, I'm never really sure what the point is of all the shortarses replying - if you're not near the OP's height, your solution isn't going to work for him :D

When the OP has said he's 6 foot, I'm never really sure what the point is of all the shortarses replying - if you're not near the OP's height, your solution isn't going to work for him :D

6 foot 2 inches here!

? Are you for real?? Ever wondered why jackets come in S R L sizes, because some people can be 6 feet tall, but have a short body,

likewise someone can have short legs but a long body.

The thing with screens is no one solution works for everybody. sometimes the polar opposite works.

:blast Ffs i posted because it worked for me. Thereafter i posted because i was asked a direct question about it. Now, what contribution did your stupid post make to the OPs post :nenau None, so im thinking unless you can contribute something which can be of use, id suggest you refrain from posting shite. :comfort :p:D

standard gsa screen with mra attached, theres loads of adjustment, stopped the buffeting

6 ft , cut down MRA screen , no issues , and I can see over it rather than thro it , too much Perspex is a distraction , better aerodynamics can be achieved by less , I wear a Shoei GT either leathers or a tex jacket , jackets can cause issues as well but I don't feel it with the smaller screen. When I fitted a GSA screen ages ago (now gone )my wife complained about wind and movement , not now tho , she's quiet now ( thank god )

:blast Ffs i posted because it worked for me. Thereafter i posted because i was asked a direct question about it. Now, what contribution did your stupid post make to the OPs post :nenau None, so im thinking unless you can contribute something which can be of use, id suggest you refrain from posting shite. :comfort :p:D

Well, at least I'm taller than the OP so my reply might be vaguely relevant.

I can see well above the Puig screen in all but its highest setting. Not a fan of riding whilst looking through Perspex which isn't optically correct!

I can see well above the Puig screen in all but its highest setting

I'm only 5'8" and ride a GS and I tried a std one with an X-Screen, std GSA, Givi and Puig, finally settling on the Puig, mostly riding at the lowest setting.

Anything other than a BMW screen wobbled too much at speed, but they were too noisy. The Puig for me is best screen as it offers the best wind/noise protection and looks as if it was designed along with the rest of the bike. The Givi looks like an add-on and the X-Screen works well but also looks like an add-on.

Back
Top Bottom