Alternative screen for 1200GS Adventure

Stoney

Reaction score
I'm considering an alternative screen for my 1200GS Adventure.

I'm 6ft, ride with the seat in the low position but still feel that an extra inch or two in height may reduce the buffeting....but have no idea if it'll actually work.

I've been looking on YouTube and it seems the Puig Touring and Givi Adventure are the go to screens? I'd be interested in members' tried and tested recommendations please.

I like the look of the tinted ones (not full black).

Not an ADV but GS but I use the MRA screen , brilliant , no buffering and I cut 4 inches off mine , the deflector works really well.
Sometimes having too much screen can cause worse buffering for some reason , I tried the ADV screen once , sold it after a few rides out in the early days . each to our own tho.

Standard GSA screen with MRA X-Creen lip attached does the job for me. I found I was riding with it set much too high as well. Dropping it down with laminar flow over the top stopped all the buffeting, the vets worked on my lid, the rain cleared form my visor etc etc

Didn't work on my KTM 1290 SA-T though, that was a beeatch for the buffeting.

Puig touring screen works well for me. I haven't got the additional screen support but may add it as the larger screen does flex a bit

I think any of the larger or add-on screen causes a fair amount of movement at speed or over bumpy roads.

Puig touring screen works well for me. I haven't got the additional screen support but may add it as the larger screen does flex a bit

Agreed, the Puig Touring Screen is very good. The only support needed is the Givi one for about £22.

Tinted (not black) Puig touring screen is excellent along with additional supports. I ride all year with my visor up and the screen does an excellent job of pushing wind and rain over my head. Happy to post a couple of photos if required.

+1 for the Puig screen. Im a elfin height at 5ft 8" and it does work for me. Ride with visor up, even in the rain, and in conjunction with the winglets zero buffeting.

48219629171_fb80ac3e81_k.jpg

49724211872_8f82492656_k.jpg

+1 for the Puig screen. Im a elfin height at 5ft 8" and it does work for me. Ride with visor up, even in the rain, and in conjunction with the winglets zero buffeting.

]

Can you see over the screen or do you have to look through it even at the lower setting?

ok thanks, it seemed way to big to see over it even on low setting

Del,

Whats the overall height of the Screen from the top to bottom at the point of the V please

And did you need to put any stiffening on it - is that a support bracket on the RHS ?

I think any of the larger or add-on screen causes a fair amount of movement at speed or over bumpy roads.

When i had my Givi airflow screen with the correct brackets it was super stable

even with the screen nearly at max setting

Screen deflector

Screen deflector on top of the screen, 6ft 6in here, amazing difference.

Del,

Whats the overall height of the Screen from the top to bottom at the point of the V please

And did you need to put any stiffening on it - is that a support bracket on the RHS ?

From bottom of V to top V its 512mm and 540 to highest point. I fitted Cymark brackets after reading posts on here about movement, even with the oem screen. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When i had my Givi airflow screen with the correct brackets it was super stable

even with the screen nearly at max setting

I'm assuming you mean with the Givi brackets - shite as they were.

On my bike ...

Slipscreen gsa screen with mra spoiler works pretty well. Just for the hell of it i bought a madstad which is excellent but it shows how much turbulence comes up from the sides so i've ordered some winglets which should be here tomorrow so will have to wait to try them.

From bottom of V to top V its 512mm and 540 to highest point. I fitted Cymark brackets after reading posts on here about movement, even with the oem screen. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:)

indeed Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom