Cornmarket Insurance (IAM broker) - Good Service

I've never had an issue with Cornmarket, although yes you do have to do a bit of legwork every year but they have always matched like for like if I have found a cheaper policy. They also provide class 1 business cover (or something like that) for no additional cost of you are an IAM member.

The main issue that this post is highlighting is that they told me something verbally on the phone which was not true, which I only established by asking for proof in writing from the underwriter. Whilst in the scheme of things this may have just been an innocent oversight and unlikely to cause me an issue, what would have happened if someone had had an accident on the bike and injured themselves or others and hadn't insured it. An example here : https://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike-blog/2013/10/i-sold-my-bike-but-didnt-cancel-my-insurance/

RBW.

Classic example of a call centre chimp saying something they shouldn't

Not my definition of "nice" and not professional at all. Happy to rip you off with a high initial price, then they "nicely" expect you to do the work of shopping around, and other brokers/providers to price the risk for them.

That’s the vehicle Insurance industry across the board. It’s competitive and the margins normally aren’t that great. I’d take issue with the ‘initial high price’ though like all their competitors the new business price is lower. It’s year 2 you have to haggle.

If there was a company that gave you The lowest price at all times we’d all be using it.

Back
Top Bottom