Backing up our front line.

wanderingmerv

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My fellow tossers. And tossettes.

you may have seen how desperate I am for bike riders to help distribute PPE, and move raw materials for making emergency face shields. I was so desperate, I had to find the dirtiest bike I could for a photo in the times:thumby:. We can do better. Ask not what your country :blagblah:blagblah:blagblah

If you fancy volunteering to do this, Could you send an email to ppedonationsire@gmail.com saying volunteer biker, phone number , county , and what they can offer (bike top box, bike tops and panniers , bike 40l drybag, car, van, small truck, attic, jumbo jet) ok, kidding a bit but see what I mean?

Spread this far as you like, but make it clear, this fkn virus is dangerous. No riders with any symtoms please as we cannot risk spreading it, either to doners or the places we arrive or to put it on the things we deliver. And older riders will want to help but i would not let my da out. If you are in any way at risk, please do not sign up. This is at your own risk, on your own insurance, with your own petrol. Also, hospitals are dangerous places these days, you do NOT want to be brought to one in a meat wagon. Time to be careful.

Basic precautions : bring your own flask. Buy petrol where you can pay at pump. bring gloves, and bin them after use (dont get your bike gloves contaminated). keep helmet on and closed at collection and delivery. Have a few new bin liners to protect what you are carrying. The front wheel must keep contact with tarmac at all times. :rob

to see what we are at, watch the video at our public fb page:
https://www.facebook.com/bravocharlietango1

I look forward to meeting you all on the road in better times. Merv.

Fair play Merv :thumb

I’ll do what runs I possibly can. Gawd knows it’s little enough in these times

Stay safe lads & lassies :rob

Is a Facebook account necessary to get on board with this??
It's a great idea and I would love to help (but I don't do Facebook)

from my G8 ThinQ

It is great that you are giving clear instructions in this post - i was ready to send the email then remembered the reason i am working from home is i have chronic asthma.

Keep safe folks - great work supporting out health systems!

alwyn

Great idea. Signed up. Too much social bullshit on the WhatsApp thread, so I'm out. I'm already in enough WhatsApp social groups that ping my phone all day.

Best of luck with it. :thumb2

Yeah letting them yack till we get busy...

:thumb2

If the WhatsApp thread is restricted to only notifications about collections & drops I'd be happy to get on board, as would a top-box & panniers mate; having the banter on there for the short time I stayed was like a version of the boy who cried wolf...

I probly sound like a dick pissing on a great idea, but social banter on a thread like that seems similar to ambulance crew chatting on live emergency channels... during an emergency...

Again - great idea. :beerjug:

Cheers, as to blessing. In a very irish way, yes.
Have a letter from HSE Tullamore declaring us an essential service, copy available online to riders actually on runs. the letter + the PM you recieve for a run is good. And, stepping up more formal shortly.....

That said, we have a few lads in the group that ride bikes for a living so to speak.....

Yeah, the banter is mad. That said, what matters is getting stuff from A to B and that is happening. it's not as time critical as ambulances or blood bikes, usually same day is quick enough. Hope it's only a few weeks more .....

Cheers, as to blessing. In a very irish way, yes.
Have a letter from HSE Tullamore declaring us an essential service, copy available online to riders actually on runs. the letter + the PM you recieve for a run is good. And, stepping up more formal shortly.....

That said, we have a few lads in the group that ride bikes for a living so to speak.....

Yeah, the banter is mad. That said, what matters is getting stuff from A to B and that is happening. it's not as time critical as ambulances or blood bikes, usually same day is quick enough. Hope it's only a few weeks more .....
Thanks Mervin........yes,that's good enough for me.

It's through one of the "professional" riders social media that I came across the scheme first

from my G8 ThinQ

Banter reduced. Can be the headmaster if needed.

Cool. If it's now the case that posts on there are only related to collections/drops then throw me back in. :thumb2

Hope to be of help. :)

Out of curiosity (and possibly displaying some ignorance here), is "professional riders" code for something? :nenau

Cool. If it's now the case that posts on there are only related to collections/drops then throw me back in. :thumb2

Hope to be of help. :)

Out of curiosity (and possibly displaying some ignorance here), is "professional riders" code for something? :nenau
The lad's that where Hi Viz, where white Arai helmets and Daytona boots.......and if there one of the chosen few........ride a nearly new RT.
(in their day jobs)

Hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge.

from my G8 ThinQ

The lad's that where Hi Viz, where white Arai helmets and Daytona boots.......and if there one of the chosen few........ride a nearly new RT.
(in their day jobs)

Hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge.

from my G8 ThinQ

Aha. :thumb2

The WhatsApp’s have been moderated. Well done.

This is a marathon not a sprint.

Bit a question, are stickers necessary? Could a phone call be just as good if it came to it? Not done any runs yet.

Hey. Just sent an email with this same message - add me back onto the WhatsApp group. Glad to help if I can. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom